• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy Console and skipping CD player

josehpatrickgray

Loc.
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
I just installed a sony cd player in my tuffy center console and it was skipping really bad only while driving. I looked in the owners manual and it said the cd player should not be mounted at an angle greater than 45 degrees. The stereo in the tuffy console mounts at 67 degrees. If you have a cd player in your tuffy center console and it doesn't skip let me know the brand and model number.

Thanks,

Joe

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pioneer DEH-P7400MP - MP3/CD player.

:cool:

Last edited:

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I have an old Sony in my Tuffy. Works fine. Could it be loose? Strange that a Sony would have issues. I know that there is a specific 4wd cd player that was reviewed in PFWDAOR.

U

Unregistered

Blaupunkt is the only manufacturer i know that still makes a CD player that can mount and is made to run at any angle.

I e-mailed Crutchfield this very question, and they had three or four models with this feature--can't remeber them right now.

Blaupunkt is good stuff, and they were priced reasonably. I will purchase one to use in my console some day.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I am running the Blaupunkt Cassablanca there were other modles available.

I pruchased mine through crutchfield as well.

It works at 90* as well as to 107 * so your could mount it in an over head rack angled down to see it.

Bill

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have had two Kenwood decks installed in my Tuffy. One was a cheaper end model and now I've got one of their more expensive Excelon units that plays mp3s as well as CDs. I have not had a problem with either of them.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I have an older Alpine, and haven't had any problems. The deck is 5 or 6 years old by now, though, so I don't know how the new ones are.

U

Unregistered

I returned the sony for a pioneer. It works excellent and the reception on the stereo is better too. It hasn't skipped once and the roads where I live in PA are terrible.

Thanks!!