• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy Console/CD Player Problems??

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
I am contemplating purchasing a Tuffy Console? However I am being advised CD Players do not play well at all due to the deck standing up ( almost vertical)rather than horizontal like it would be when in the dash.

Can anyone adive me as to whether this is true or false.Do some decks work better than others?

sheneeda

Loc.
Surrey   B.C.
I used a old pioneer CD in mine and it seemed to be OK. I use a casset now and plan to use one of those six pack deals. The tuffy does get hot in the summer, didn't cause me any problems, but just so you know. 8)

a67and77

Loc.
Albuq.
I have a lower end Kenwood in mine for two years and no problems with getting hot or skipping. Did have to shim it a little so it would fit right...

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I use the tuffy box and a kenwood in the 66. I have a pioneer in my 72(also in a tuffy box). I prefer the pioneer stuff.

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
i have a pioneer in my tuffy - it skips when i hit a big bump but i blame my crappy shocks more than the cd player ::)

also, those guys at magnolia hi-fi have told me a few pieces of bad information so i go to stereo warehouse on 99 as well. we got a 12" double coiled rockford fosgate sub in my miata no joke ;)

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Thanks to All for the great threads on this subject. What a great site!! All helpful & knowledgeable participants!!