• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy console with flip up stereo?

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
I've seen the post on hear about 7 years ago where NicksTrix and a couple others have wired in a single DIN flip up stereo into their Tuffy Center Console. The pic in that thread shows it works with a Kenwood.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck with this - particularly with what brand of stereo. I notice that the stereo DIN is reset a half inch or so into the Tuffy console, meaning I have my doubts that a flip up stereo will fit unless upon full extension the screen is NOT perpendicular to the stereo faceplate itself. Or, if it is perpendicular, it extends a bit first - I think this will be necessary to clear the lip of the console.

Anyone got any tips on brands? Or does the Tuffy console allow the stereo to be mounted "higher up," so to speak.

Thanks!

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
My only thought is that it will be too far back (maybe 6" in front of your chest).
Visibility will be a minimum.
No real quick glances.

hucklburry rev2

With tablets and Iphones with pandora/FM radio/Itune/GPS/etc, I don't think I will ever buy a head unit again. Blue tooth amp and some speakers,lock the tablet away in the center console when not in use. Use a tablet holder - from cheap to a RAM mount, and never cut a dash again. That is my un-asked for $0.02,

OP
OP
Godwick

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
I've sort of felt it out. I think it'll be good ergonomically, but hard to say which would work.
Might just stick to marine grade single din though. Less likely to fail than my current alpine.