• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy Security Glove Box Door

brianlr7773

Just in case anyone is thinking about getting the new tuffy glove box, your gonna be in for a long install. That is to say if you have a rollcage in your vehicle it's gonna be a &#*%# to say the least. I expected to be able to wiggle the very nice box into the dash without much trouble, boy was I wrong.

I got mine yesterday and was very egar to install, soooo of to the garage I went!! The tuffy box quality is absolutly great and what a unit! I swear it wieghs like 10 pounds and the locking mech is mamoth so no need to worry about breaking into it. To install all you need to do is simply remove all the old glovebox liner, screws and brackets, hinges etc, from the box.. and to install you (if you have no rollbar) is to simply slide the unit in from the front of the dash until flush, open the box and install 4 bolts and re install the 4 screws to the fuse block. Now if you got a rollcage get a air compressor and some caffine:) You will have to remove the rollcage enough so it can be slid back about 8 inches or wiggle the cage until the passenger hoop in the front is out of the way of the glove box to install it.

So its a good time since your going to have to move a bunch of stuff, to tidy up those little things you have wanted to do but havent because of the rollbar etc, also if your like me and have a white dash and you want to paint the glove box, do get it painted before you bolt the box in ;)

If anyone would like to see some nice pics of the actuall box I will be more than happy to post some... seeing how I have not bolted it in since i am going to paint it to match.

70_Steve

Old Guy
77TexasBronc said:
Sure, lets see some pictures. May be a mass buy coming up soon ;) ;D
I'd be in for a mass buy!!!! ;D Ben Saunders seems to have the best price I've seen. Also, in an earlier post, he said that these glove box doors are available unpainted in case you want to paint-to-match!!

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
70_Steve said:
I'd be in for a mass buy!!!! ;D Ben Saunders seems to have the best price I've seen. Also, in an earlier post, he said that these glove box doors are available unpainted in case you want to paint-to-match!!

Ditto! from the sound of the other tuffy thread the mass buy will be after X-mas.

Pictures would still be Kewl!

OP
OP
B

brianlr7773

pics on hold

sorry I got some really nice pictures of the box, but I just found out my web hosting site has for some reason killed my account, I have to get it fixed so i can show the images, or if someone has a free webspace and don't mind putting them on it I can send them to you...

either way, should be back up tonight or tomorrow

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Brian,
Email the pics to me and I'll post them on this thread...

OP
OP
B

brianlr7773

here are the pics!!

here are the pictures i promised, I would recomend you don't try to load this page if you are not using broadband as the images are pretty large.

Check out the insane lock!!! I kid you not the unit must wiegh at least 10 pounds!! great place to mount some kill swithes or something

http://brianlr7773.webspace4free.biz/index.html

70_Steve

Old Guy
planetbronco said:
Count me in for a mass-buy as well.
See the Tuffy Console thread for information on a general Tuffy Mass Buy that Ben Saunders (HBS Performance & Off-Road) will be posting about on Dec 28th. Order glove box, console, whatever!

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Re: here are the pics!!

brianlr7773 said:
here are the pictures i promised, I would recomend you don't try to load this page if you are not using broadband as the images are pretty large.

Check out the insane lock!!! I kid you not the unit must wiegh at least 10 pounds!! great place to mount some kill swithes or something

http://brianlr7773.webspace4free.biz/index.html

Your link isnt working for me.

?:?