• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn Signal Constant

Casetay

Loc.
Atlanta
Hey guys,

I am new to the Bronco community and just picked up a '70. I am having some difficulties getting the right turn signal to work properly. When I turn on my left blinker it works great when I turn on my right it stays on constant and is dimly lit. When I hit my brake with my right turn signal on the entire right side tail light goes out. I tried replacing the bulbs but that didn't seem to work. Could it be a fuse or bad wiring?

Thanks!

gtnorga

check for burned wires. My 76 had burned wires near the exhaust on the underside along the frame rail. I was having similar issues.

OP
OP
C

Casetay

Loc.
Atlanta
Will check the grounds tomorrow and then for burned wires. Thanks guys!! I am completely obsessed now by the way haha

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Just had similer issues.......

I had a bad ground and the hazzard switch was all corroded (green copper corrosion). I fixed the ground in the front (broken insulation on a wire thus touching metal) and cleaned up the corrosion on the hazzard switch. The power for the blinkers runs through that switch.

Tim