• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn signal horse shoe connector

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Could someone point me to a supplier of the connector that goes on the end of a later year turn signal switch harness please?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think Mike is looking for the electrical connector under the dash, that all the wires connect to the chassis harness through.
That correct Mike?

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I thought I knew of some sources for them online but struck out. I helped myself to one from the junkyard years ago and bought new pins for it.

Todd Z.

OP
OP

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Yes, that's correct. The connector that fits on the switch end. Just trying to save some time with a column swap when we get a warm day.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it was me I'd be converting them all to Weatherpacks. But it's nice when the one half is still in good shape and all you need is the other.
What happened to the old one? Sounds like you only need one half? Or are you upgrading the older style rectangulars to the newer horseshoe style?

They are likely available somewhere, because Painless is including them in their kit. Or at least was the last time I checked.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
The old one is being used by the column I want to replace. I have a new switch and just wanted to have the wires run with the connector on and ready to go. We don't stay out outside any longer than we have to in NE Washington in December.

I may have to hit a junk yard. I can't find just the plug for the life of me.

Thanks, Mike

OP
OP

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
I thought I knew of some sources for them online but struck out. I helped myself to one from the junkyard years ago and bought new pins for it.

Todd Z.

I agree. I could have sworn one of the parts suppliers had them a couple years ago

Flying Pigs

Loc.
Elgin, IL
I looked all over and replaced my turn signal switch and steering wheel. The connections were just butted so I went with a GM column connector kit. Also, someone stated that Ford never got this switch thing right and they keep breaking so Im not going to tear up the countryside looking for a stock connector. None of the Bronco vendors sell them so I was looking at the American autoWire and it sure looked like a GM piece. I ordered a GM connector and sure enough when it came it was made by American autowire. I got it from speedway part #500428 for 9.99. Yes, it would be much easier to install with the stock connector but also it is nice to have options. Keep the stock connector and give the GM connector for the one you are parting with.

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
Dennis Carpenter lists one, but the picture doesn't look correct:

http://dennis-carpenter.com/product.aspx?p=C8AZ-14489-S&quickorder=true

Also, Painless has the dash-side connector on their adapter pigtail, so maybe they also have access to the column-side connector? Maybe give them a call.

I went through this about a year ago and just decided to go with plain spade connectors since mine is just a trail rig.