• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn signal switch harness help

firekiller15

Loc.
Dallas, Tx
Can anyone explain or direct me to a site that shows how to diconnect turn signal switch wires from the dash harness w/out thrashing them? '72 Sport w/ factory harness. Thanks.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Disconnecting just the turn signal wires, at the actual swtich, or at the bottom of the column at the square connector? Are you splicing in a new turn signal cam? What is your intent?

JSBX

Contributor
If you are trying to take the wires loose from the connector you need a paper clip, stiff wire or a small pick tool. Each wire has a small barb that holds it in the connector. Just stick the paper clip in the connector beside the wire you are trying to remove and hold the barb down and pull the wire out. If you look at the connector close you will see what I am talking about. Not sure If I am explaining right so hope it helps.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Some connectors have a colored (usually Red) locking key that has to come out before the terminals can be released. But first, scratch the wire colors into the connector shell so you can put them back where they go.

Last edited: