• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Twin Stick indentification help needed

69BroncoNH

Hi,

A friend gave me a twin stick, to the best of his understanding it was for a T shift Dana 20. He did not know the vendor or have any installation instructions. Can anyone here help identify this piece and/or provide a copy of the instructions? It looks somewhat like a JB Fab piece, but not exactly, maybe an older model. I can take more detailed photos to anyone thinks they can help.
99682446@N05

Thanks, John

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
That looks like it's for a T shift. I would expect the J shift ones to just have a straight metal bar that engages the flags on the transfer case, which this shifter does not have.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Definitely a t-shift. You can tell because of the two links with the heims.

There's really not much to the installation.
  1. Remove old shifter
  2. Install new shifter

The original shifter will have a link that ties the two shift rails together. The link will be held in place with a removable pin on each shift rail. Remove all that, and use the bolt that I think I see in the picture to attach the heim link to the shift rail for each shifter.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Looks like my old school TBP twin stick.....
Mine is about 10 or so years old. Tom has changed the look of his a little; different bend to the shifters now but not sure what else may have changed.
You can't really bolt it on wrong. It will only go on one way.
Then it's adjusting your little rodded heims.
With a T shifter you have to do a few other little things to take full advantage of the twin sticks.
But no matter whether you do those few other things or not just being able to more easily engage 4 wheel drive is worth it.

OP
OP

69BroncoNH

Thanks.

So the bolt goes through the same pivot point as the existing shifter? Is that a through hole, so the grease nipple is on the correct side? Does this installation require modification of the existing opening for the T shifter?

Regards, John

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Mine had two bolts attaching it to the case. One threads into the case and the other bolts through with a nut on the other side.

In the end I had to lengthen transfer case shifter hole and I had to cut a hole on the side of the tunnel cover so I could get my hands in there to work.
I used an old Florida state tag to cover the hole. Looks kind of neat. Kind of rat rod looking.

WH and Duffs sell a nice piece of stainless sheet metal made to cover the hole.
It is included with their shifter or available separately.

LSU Pete here on CB sells a bitchin' cnc machined billet aluminum top plate with 4 low, 2 low, 4 high, 2 high engraved in it. A classy piece for sure.

You can see the bottom of my hole repair in this photo of my floor mat/semi truck mud flap haha.

Attachments

• 20130210_174509.jpg
    20130210_174509.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 31

moses_m

Got a good pic of the setup in my gallery. Twin Wild Horses

NV3500 to Dana 20

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That one looks like ones that were made (for a short period) by DD Machine in Washington.

OP
OP

69BroncoNH

Thanks everyone for your help!

I'll tackle this over the weekend and post an update.

John