• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Twin sticked T-case finished, is your shifting comparable to mine?

cheesenip73

I just installed JB Customs twin stick into my dad's truck. We pulled out the T-case, opened it up and tried%) using a chopped up 3/16 ball socket allen wrench to loosen the set screw down on the shaft of the front shift rail without taking anything out of the case for 4+ hours. Found this idea on the boards somewhere in CB. NEVER WORKED. Ended up taking everything apart, pulling the shift rails and shaving them down so that the 2 detent rods between the rails could stay in there. I assembled it all back together and before we put the case back in the bronco it shifted very nicely. Now it is all hooked up and want to know how easy all of you twin stickers are having when shifting to all the options of Rear L - Front L, Rear L - Front N, Rear H-Front H, Rear N-Front L, etc. Ours is loaded on the trailor and we hand shift it into low. Do you have to me moving a little? Tell us your secret. I want to know that we did the conversion correctly.

PS. Now the front preload cover leaks oil. Are you supposed to put RTV between each shim?

rednck21

cheesenip73 said:
Are you supposed to put RTV between each shim?

ive always used red loc-tite between the shims.

usually, having the bronco rolling just slightly (in neutral)will help the case shift easier.

scottmcwms

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
Yeah, the gears probably aren't meshed up right. Rolling forward or backward a few inches will help.

I can't believe the shortcut didn't work for you. I didn't use a ball socket bit. I just used a regular allen wrench. Worked perfectly. I didn't have to remove the front or rear output shafts just the idler shaft.

Scott