• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tying Seats to Cage

bc56845

Loc.
Candler, NC
Right now I've got Captains seats out of the back of an aerostar van. I've got the seats sitting flat on the floorboards now. I'm 6'2 and they're about too tall as it is. I'm pretty much looking at the windsheild frame. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures on how to mount these seats to my cage without raising them up any? They're really comfortable and in good shape, and I don't wanna have to buy new seats. Thanks

OP
OP
B

bc56845

Loc.
Candler, NC
Actually I haven't built the front part of the cage or the frame for the seats yet. I've got the rear half in. I won't have my bender until saturday and I plan on doing it in the next couple of weeks. I'll try to get some pictures of the way the seats are mounted tomorrow when its light outside.

RFR2212

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
I had to lower my floor back to the body mount. Then I was able to get the cage bars low enough. I'm 6'4 and had the standard summit plastic seats. Now, I'm lower, but it cramps my legs a bit more, but I'd rather then be a bit tighter than my head sticking outta the cage. I'll try to get pictures later today

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
I am going to drop the driver's floor to match the passenger side. Other than that, your only other option is to run the cage tie-ins under the floor as GubNi mentioned.