• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ultimate Raffle Bronco!!

jwtrapper

Loc.
Van Lear, Kentucky
Online Sales Are Now Open.

Visit Hightrails.org to order your tickets.​

ticketorder.jpg

My club is going to build a Bronco for the 2011 Colorado Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs raffle vehicle. hightrails.org This will be the first Classic Bronco build for the association, its always Jeeps Jeeps Jeeps. I'm a jeep guy myself but want to change things up a bit.

Every year one of the clubs in the association takes charge and builds a raffle vehicle. 40% of the profits go to the Land Use Fund, 10% to the Promotion Fund, 40% to next years Raffle Fund, 10% to the CoA4WDCi Scholarship Fund.

We want the Bronco to be complete and running by March 2011 for its first event. Should be enough time.

What would you like to see on a Bronco?
What would get you to buy a ticket?
What would you like to see for a drivetrain?
What about the inside?

As soon as we get started I will keep a build thead going here and on a few other sites. We hope to get started on this soon.

Last edited:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
AT 1st I says that is a great ideal .. 1st how much are the tickets now.. Where are you and your club. located ..I think just a middle of the road Bronco so more will be into it.. Maybe 35's 302 EFI and a 5 speed with 4;11's ..Roll cage under a top . Some custom bumpers and your old winch sitting on the front ..
...That should be enough in my world..for a $10.00 raffle ticket..

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Uncut all original 66 Roadster, Like GasPigs. I would give $50 a ticket for that.;D

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
AT 1st I says that is a great ideal .. 1st how much are the tickets now.. Where are you and your club. located ..I think just a middle of the road Bronco so more will be into it.. Maybe 35's 302 EFI and a 5 speed with 4;11's ..Roll cage under a top . Some custom bumpers and your old winch sitting on the front ..
...That should be enough in my world..for a $10.00 raffle ticket..

To add, if you put it on 35's or go up to 37's easily cleared with a 4.5" suspension lift and a 1" body lift or not and just cut for clearance.......... Please put upgrade joints and shafts in the front at least!!! Also, please gear the r&p correctly for the tire/tranny combo.....IF you are advertising the tickets for a "trail bronco", locker in the rear, and some sort of traction aid in the front-as is the case with the jeep guys, many arguments on which one is best etc...
Sounds like a cool give-away.
Keep us posted :)

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree with a street friendly/trail capable rig.

5.0/302 EFI w/auto (AOD or 4R70W)
D44 w/ARB/disks, 9" w/ARB
4.5" lift with extended arms or at least drop radius mounts
1 or 2 inch BL
35 or 36's
Gearing to match tire size
PS/PB (hrydro if possible)
Full family cage
Good seats and belts
Soft top
Pre-runner bumpers with winch/tire mounts
Cut with matching flares fr/rr
23 gal rear tank w/skid plate

This would be a good start ;)

OP
OP
J

jwtrapper

Loc.
Van Lear, Kentucky
Tickets sell for $3 a ticket or 10 for $25. Our club is Rock Solid Offroad Club. Inc. rocksolidoffroad.org we are located in Florence, Colorado. We are shooting for at least 35" tires, locked front and rear, warn winch, family cage, seats, soft top (should be Bestop), good sharp paint job. TnT Customs said they will do thier Y-Link setup with front truss and a custom belly pan. This will be thier first Bronco to get the Y-Link.
I would like to do a 44 front and 60 rear, or at least some upgraded shafts and big disk brakes on a 44 and 9".
An EFI 302
Auto Transmission
not sure on the transfercase yet, maybe a dana 300, an atlas, stack or how about a doubler 203/205.

We sell most of our tickets to the general public that are not into four wheeling as a main hobby like most of us. The first thing people look at are the tires and then they go right to the window to see what the inside looks like. So big tires and a clean inside with some nice seats and good stereo, all put together with quality parts.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been a member of the Colorado assoc. for almost 10 years and it's about time they build something besides a Jeep for the raffle;D Stick with a 9" rear end with 31 spline axles, that will be fine for 35" tires. For a transfer case maybe a atlas would be a good choice, doublers can run into drive shaft length problems and to run a 300 you would have to flip it and spend $$ on adapters which would end up running the same as a Atlas anyhow. Since I'm in the assoc. I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can feel free to PM me.

Blackcypress-EB

Loc.
Winchester, KY
Cool, how many tickets usually end up selling? Do you have to be there to win? Let's see. I liquidate the four broncos I have put all that towards raffle tickets..carry the two.. add 1300, Yep, I still wouldn't win.

ransil

Bronco Guru
302 EFI
4R70W
9" 31 spline Rear 44 or 60 front, ARB's 4.88 gears
good seats
Full cage
Atlas or Stack transfer case
35-37" tires
Winch
3.5-4.5" lift with long arms
hydroboost
hydro assist steering

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
351w efi
37 mtz
air lockers front and rear, 31 spline, d44 and 9 inch
aod
3.5 inch long travel susp. and 2 inch body
atlas
soft top
tuffy box with radio, usb and aux inputs
family cage,
cb radio
winch, customer rear and from bumpers
Look into getting a few sponsers like garmen sat nav., ect ect..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I would have to ask if you have to be present to win as well..

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
a 3.5 inch suspension lift with a 1 inch body lift.
extended radius arms
dana 60's for axles.
disc brakes with hydro boost.
16 inch mickey thompson rims
35 inch tires
shock hoops up front and dual shocks on the rear. (bilstein)
a 302 EFI
nv3550 or nv4500 transmission
atlas t case
heavy duty custom drive shafts
over knuckle steering set up
3.5 to 1 steering box with gm pump
painless wiring harness.
Custom fiberglass dash with gauges (BC Broncos)
8 point cage.
Baja rs seats.
All that would be very nice.

MI-Bronco

Let's see some links or pics of trucks you've done for these raffles - even if they are jeeps.

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Lots of good suggestions on the build, so I’ll add a different angle.

I suggest contacting a local accounting firm to conduct the drawing. That way, entrants can feel more comfortable with the fairness of the raffle.

Please don’t take this suggestion the wrong way but I used to buy $100 raffle tickets each year for a new jeep; the proceeds supporting a local VFD. I spent $300 only to find that the “drawing” was several members picking their buddies to win.

Oh, and count me in for tickets. I love raffles for a good cause!:D

70_Steve

Old Guy
Tickets sell for $3 a ticket or 10 for $25. Our club is Rock Solid Offroad Club. Inc. rocksolidoffroad.org we are located in Florence, Colorado. We are shooting for at least 35" tires, locked front and rear, warn winch, family cage, seats, soft top (should be Bestop), good sharp paint job. TnT Customs said they will do thier Y-Link setup with front truss and a custom belly pan. This will be thier first Bronco to get the Y-Link.
I would like to do a 44 front and 60 rear, or at least some upgraded shafts and big disk brakes on a 44 and 9".
An EFI 302
Auto Transmission
not sure on the transfercase yet, maybe a dana 300, an atlas, stack or how about a doubler 203/205.
What's your budget, and do you already have the Bronco, or does that have to be included in your budget?