• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unbelievable! $35k FL Bronco sold for $9k

Louie

Bronco Guru
I just cought the tail end of an auction on ebay that lasted about an hour I think. That red $35k Bronco in Florida with 3 shocks up front and 38s just went to the 1st $9000 that could wire him $$ tomorrow. I emailed an offer in but it was gone. Same Bronco was bid up to $18k I believe a couple of mos. ago but didn't hit the reserve price of $30k or something.

It just so happens that tomorrow is the LAST day to get last year's taxes in. HHMMM.. Some lucky guy just got a great deal. Even if you didn't like the Bronco(very bling), it would make a great quick flip. Oh well..there goes another one :'(

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
OH MY GOD!!! that was a sweet bronco, I loved that truck, WHAT a steal for 9k!! I am shakin my head... :'( wish I had looked on ebay at the right time!

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anybody got a link, or picture of it? I missed seeing it.

Thanks Much,

Blue71

kev249

Loc.
Bayville
That bronco on ebay was a fraud. Most all the auctions that require you to be pre-approved to bid are fake with the dirtbags using stolen accounts that have good feedback. I reported it to ebay within minutes of it being posted and it was removed in about 1 hour.

This is the real ad:
http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/7/5/74711575.htm

The above link shows the bronco as being in Florida but the auction shows it as being in New York with a different email address. F.Y.I.

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Bronco Guru
Wow...good scam. I went to bed thinking no way was that legit.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If that Bronco sells for 9K mine must be worth Jack Squat. I'm glad its a scam because I was about to start crying.

Jeff in AZ

kev249

Loc.
Bayville
I just got this email from the scam seller on ebay. No telling ow many people were taken in by this. I emailed the 1 bidder and it seemed he didn't beleive me. A fool and his money...

edit: the i.p. address that the email came from originates in Amsterdam also...

Hello there,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my item .
First of all I must inform you that currently I'm in Portugal and the
machine is here with me .My faher, who died two keeks ago was the first
owner of the car; He bought it directly from a local dealership in Ohio.
The machine is in great condition ,no damage,no
scratches or dents, no hidden defects,keept in our own garage.
The machine is an US model with US specs,it passed the test
emissions and comes with all the documents you need to register the
item.
It has a clear title and it can be registerd into your name.
I recently ordered a new car from a dealer down here and i
need the cash in the next few days to pay for it.
The price I hope to obtain is $9,000 USD (this price includes the
shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to
complete the transaction. I have to tell you that I have other serious
offers that I
have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of
time of payment and price.
i will shipp the car using KLM 5-7 air days delivery, and i will cover all
taxes.
We can make this COD, but if you want to keep the car for you,
then you have to make a down deposit with 3,000 USD.
So email me back if you ae intersted and you have the cash.
The car will be shipped from Portugal and i will cover the shipping
costs and insurance.You will not have to pay additional taxes,just only the
price for it.
Let me know!

TXBRONCO61

Loc.
Albany,TX
that almost happened to me but i was the one sellin my old bronco. some old guy said he would send me $5000 in the mail as a cashiers check and he would come and get it the next day, so when i got the check i took it to the bank and they said it was fake. the guy never showed up but i tried to get him to come pick it up to have the cops get him.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
My boss just got tempted by the same kind of scam on a 69 428cj Mustang with 5k original miles %) . It was in England. After asking for a vin to run he never heard from the guy again... Go figure......

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a Scam

Here is the e-mail I go back from a guy a day or so ago when I asked about his 76 Bronco Ranger.

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your e-mail. My name is David Owens and I am glad you are interested in my 1976 Ford Bronco V8. Well, I have to let you know that the Ford is in perfect shape and it has a clear US title. The car has no flaws, scratches or dents, is rust free it is in very good condition. It comes also with the top. Because of my work I had to move in Lisabon, Portugal 5 months ago with my family and I took the Ford with me. The price that I hope to obtain is $7500 US( the car worth lot more then the price that I'm asking, but is it registered in US, and I need to sell it fast because I have urgent need of money, I have some duties that I have to pay at my bank until the end of the week,and also registering it here will take much time) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction. The car will be crated and shipped with FedEx 4 days air insured, but if you prefer DHL or shipcargo.com or other service please let me kno! w. I usually use FedEx and I never had a problem or long delay. I will cover all shipping taxes,the actual shipping and handling as well as insurance charges to your door. I accept a refundable(in case that you don't like the car of for some reason you don't want to keep it but I'm sure that this won't happen) deposit of $2500 US, and as soon as I check that you deposited the prepay I will send you the car. After you will receive the vehicle and check it, you'll have to deposit the rest of the money in maximum 10 days and I will send you the title for it.I prefer money order because in this way i will ship the car in the same day you deposit the prepay. Please send me an email if you are interested in purchasing the product and I will send you an additional e-mail with further details.
Thank you,
David

Sounds kinda fishy huh?????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
what a chump that scamster is.
he probably knows the nigerian guy who keeps e-mailing me to go pick up my 30 million dollars for 10k. only if i can wire him right away mind you.

In cases like this my old school parents voice seems to chime in my head
"no mano,no compre"
meaning if you cannot hold it in your hand and see with your own two eyes than do not buy it. Even then get someone who knows if it is a fake or not to see it too.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
You'd have to be a total idiot to belive that he's gonna ship the Bronco back to the US by Fed-Ex air, and cover the shipping costs,LOL !!!

plus the Wire me the money thing is always a scam.

on the Atlanta news the other week they had a aireline pilot that had been taken by the Nigerian scam thing for like $150K and the folks were still saying "I am still worried about their safety, I havent heard from them , they might have been killed."
Yep this is the guy I want flying the plane I am on.

American cars are sought after in other countries so you know this is a scam.
they have to be really valuable cars to be worth shipping back to the US like a 33 Ford Pheaton or something.

A close friend of mine was selling his truck and almost fell for this from a buyer claiming to be in England, wanting to send a check (obviously fake) for the truck and shipping, It finally dawned on him it might be a scam when I asked, "Why would a guy in England want a left hand drive vehicle?"

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I found a 5th wheel RV for an unbelievable price. Free shipping from England, because he worked for Fed Ex, and could ship for 20% of the normal cost.
I asked some pretty pointed questions such as customs, delivery to my door, how you tow a 5th wheel of that size in England and with what kind of Truck.

He fell of the face of the earth after the questions. This happened last winter. Buyer Beware.

Merlin76

That's a nice looking rig none the less.... Someone put some time and definately a LOT of money into it.... I really like what he did with the interior (i.e.:Dash and A/C ductwork) Gave me some good starting points and ideas for my rig....

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
ManTruck said:
I found a 5th wheel RV for an unbelievable price. Free shipping from England, because he worked for Fed Ex, and could ship for 20% of the normal cost.

WAS HE A PIKIE? MAAN DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE MOVIE "SNATCH"? THAT IS FUNNIE TO ME SINCE IN THIS MOVIE A GUY BUYS A "CARAVAN" ENGLISH TERM FOR 5TH WHEEL. THE GUY IS DRIVING AWAY AFTER GETTING A KILLER DEAL AND THE WHEELS FLY OFF!!! NOW THAT'S COMEDY