• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unbelievable Bronco Story + build thread

BamaBlue'67

Wow, what a cool story and glad to hear that you are doing well.
The Bronco looks amazing with your color combo, unique details and stance you achieved. Enjoy it and God Bless!

OP
OP
Cortez

Cortez

Bronco Guru
MattNelson - really happy with the JK seats, my guess is they sit similar height to stock seats. I’m 6ft so can’t say I have any issue but if you are 6’5” or more it could be that you are too tall for these, depends on torso length.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone- love the road time we are getting on her. This is prime time in Florida meaning 80-90 degrees and no rain so I’m driving every day that I can and loving it! Planning to bring it to Super Cel this year so looking forward to seeing folks there.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Great story, Had a moment when I saw the pics on the first page with Charlie in Blue and Silver, Thought it may have been Chipper. Had the same tire and wheel combo on Chipper at one time. Congrats on a beautiful rig!
Here's Chipper, Last I heard Chipper was in Atlanta living life in a custom show room.
Chipper-and-Squirrel.jpg

OP
OP
Cortez

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Yeah - very similar, I haven’t seen many with the silver trim like that.

MattNelson

MattNelson - really happy with the JK seats, my guess is they sit similar height to stock seats. I’m 6ft so can’t say I have any issue but if you are 6’5” or more it could be that you are too tall for these, depends on torso length.

Thanks for the feedback! I fit in the Bronco with the stock seats and it looks like you mounted them as low as they can go. I pulled the trigger on a set and will give them a try in a few days - fingers crossed!

MattNelson

Another good weekend...finishing work is so tedious. Put some of the dash controls in, fussed with the new steering wheel but for some reason the horn contacts overlap and cause the horn to blow all the time (disconnected). Shorted out a few new electrical connections and need to do some sleuthing to find the culprit. Got the glove box door and liner in. Welded an extra 1.5” onto my shift rod so the gearbanger shifts better. And the grand finale was wiping down the interior and putting the cage in place. Loving the black trim with the Cavalry Blue, next weekend...seats.

What kind of roll cage is that? A BroncoBob family cage? Looks like some close clearance with the roll cage. What’s the tallest person that’s sat in the back without hitting their head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cortez

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Hey Matt - yes that’s a BroncoBob family cage. Never had a head-banger in the back seat, and I’ve sat there at 6ft.