• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

unbelievable possible loss to east coast wheeling

blu72

Loc.
Forney, Tx
Well that sucks but if they don't own the land I don't see where they can do much about it...

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
I don't know, it's all about the "clauses" in the original contract. I'd hope PAP had some protective clauses on their side.

The only analogy I come up with is like leasing a car. If I got a call from the lease company that said they wanted the car back so they could sell it for more, I'd have a hard time with that. Kinda seems that way to me. Unfortunately, real estate law is nowhere near as simple as a vehicle lease (or similar).

I've never been to PAP, but I'd kick in some $$ for the defense if they needed it.
Joe

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
I sell real estate here in OR, and I am in no way saying this is how it is because each state is different and some contracts are different regarding residential prop. vs. forrestry, industrial etc...

However, if it is anything like a residential contract regarding leases. The owner of the land can do whatever they want as long as they give probable notice for their actions. This is all of course depending on what sort of lease they have and whether it would hold up in a court action (in their favor). Basically if they own that much property you would think that they would hold the favor to do whatever they want in a contract that they drew up??:?
Anyways hope everything works out but cant imagine its looking real good.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bad news indeed. If there is any 'silver lining' in all this, Rasuch Creek might then benefit from an increase in riders that would help enable them to expand their park..apparently they have the land to do it.

Money talks...30 million is a lot of coin and wheeling fees/revenues would never make the current use of the PAP property the 'best economic use', in the parlance of land valuation. :cry:

66Gasgrill

Loc.
Canton, NC
"parlance of land valuation"

You get a quarter for that.:p

I had the pleasure of wheeling PAP for the first time this past summer. It is truely a great asset to the 4x4 community. Let us know if there is any thing we can do to help.