• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uncut 67 lift/wheel size question

jmilen

I'm working on my 67 half cab with uncut fenders. I plan on keeping the fenders cause I figure if they've made it nearly 40 years, I'm not going to cut them now and I kinda like 'em anyways. I am planning on putting a 3 1/2 lift under it and was curious as to what the maximum tire size (height wise) I can put under it. I'm not looking for any serious size but would like to step up from a 235 x 15.

68 EB

Loc.
Fort Atkinson, WI
I have a 3.5" on my uncut. Look in the new photo gallery on page 1 of the member galleries under 68 EB for some pic's. I run 31x10.5-15's.
Andy

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
An uncut half cab with a 3 1/2" lift has got to be the best looking Bronco there is ;)
http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showgallery.php?ppuser=7444&cat=500
31 x 10.5" tires will work great for street & mild trails, but can cause some minor body damage whenbouncing around too much. The rear tires would catch on the lower front corner of the fender opening until the sheet metal bent itself out of the way. What bent is not really noticable, unless you are a Bronco owner. Apparently, others have had better luck with this combo than I did. I think too much axle wrap contributed to mine rubbing. A little preventative body work (in hindsight) may be the ticket.
I've also heardf of guys having good luck with BFG 33 x 9.5"s

loboca

Loc.
San Luis Obispo, CA
Thanks for asking this question :)

I'm going through Exactly the same issue!

Anyone know what LT converts to in modern day tire sizes. I think I still have the original tires on mine (or at least very old) =p

OP
OP
J

jmilen

original tire size

Not quite sure but I think the original tire size is todays 215/75/15.

OP
OP
J

jmilen

Tires/wheels wit lift

Are you using a 15 x 8 or a 15 x 10 on your wheel size?

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
jmilen said:
Not quite sure but I think the original tire size is todays 215/75/15.

My dad gave me his '68. He didn't deviate one iota from "factory specs" on the thing and it came to me with 6.50x15 bias ply tires!!! Man, they rode terrible! I'm actually using LT215x75-14s now. Radials and new shocks make quite a difference... ;D