• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uncut Tire Size

Rocko1012

I know information may be out there already, But I paid my 12 dollars and I need expert assistance before I buy 30x9.5x15 BFG tires for $300. I have uncut rear fenders, no lift in rear. My front fenders previously cut by OP.
Rims are 15x7x3.75. Lift question? Can 2 inch block be put under rear springs w/longer U-bolts and 2inch taller front coil springs added to have a 2 inch lift all around. That's probably the cheapest way to get lift.

Thanks
Ron

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I think the tires will fit but why don't you measure your old ones and compare that to 30" tall, and 9 1/2" wide. My guess is there won't be much difference.
Yes you can use blocks and taller front springs to get a modest lift.
The shocks, drive shafts, and alignment should be fine.
Good luck

Hotrodjohn

I have that size on mine but with OEM 5.5 inch wide rims and they easily clear.

OP
OP
R

Rocko1012

Sorry forgot to mention is a 1977, Tires that were on it or 29x9.5, but only difference is the rear quarter were previously round/cut with flares.
I appreciate all of the responses, I will be getting tires Thursday evening. Seems like really good deal.
Thanks for all the quick responses

Attachments

• 100_4951.jpg
    100_4951.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 43
  • fuel door on left.jpg
    fuel door on left.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 41

mimmonen

Contributor
I just put 30x9.5 BFGs on my uncut Bronco with 15 x 7 x 3.75 rims. I put 1 inch lift block in rear for a little extra clearance. I had to put a 1.5 inch lift block on the drivers side to level it out. Great deal on the tires.