• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

uncut?

Hiker

Loc.
Tumwater, Wa.
My 70 Bronco is uncut, but does not have the original engine, tranny, axels, etc. I don't have any plans to cut it at this time, but I'm curious if it would decrease the value. I'm not sure how this works with these vehicles; I've always had muscle cars in the past. I have to say that I really am having fun with this thing though!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Yes and no while there are plenty of us that would like to own a uncut and orginal uncuts are fewer by the day so to speak. Most likely the only way it would be worth more if its 100% original or very close to it. Probably far more people would rather have a cut bronco and a lot of new buyers wont even know what a uncut is or even like them. Some people even think the uncuts were modified that way and dont know that it was stock.
So it really all depends on who happens to be buying at any given time.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
doubt it would decrease the value, depending on what kind of overall condition the rig is in ;)

psjoyal

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
It's crazy, the number of times people come up and comment on mine being original and uncut. I never got that kind of attention in my '70 that was cut. As of late, I've had more than a few offers to purchase as well. I know I looked long and hard to find a clean, original rig, and they are definately more valuable to me.