• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Under body lighting

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm going to install some trail lighting on the frame rails and wanted to get some input.

I'm going to use weather resistant LED units and was thinking of wiring them to a switch on the console. However, I would also like to be able to utilize a remote activation key fob.

Where should I locate the lighting?

Where can I get a reliable kit for the remote access?

jpalmer

Loc.
Boise, ID
You can use any cheap keyless entry system. The units can be had for $20 or so online. They all should have an entry light output on the main box which you can power your LEDs with & are controlled by remote.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
If you are looking for a remote option this kit is plug and play. But why do you want a remote? You are only going to use them for night wheeling to see under your truck. Or do you plan on going to the grocery store parking lot and turning them on and trying to impress the kids with your cool lights?
Its a Rig not a honda with a wing
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10263559&postcount=1
I just installed these into my rig. The beam pattern is much better and wider. Well worth the price and bright as f@&^
http://www.roundeyes.com/LED_Lighting-LED_Rock_Light_Kit.html

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
I used the wal-mart lights because the life span of under carrige lights on my rig is minimal. don't know what the need for a remote would be for but to each his own. there are many systems out there that can do what you want just look around.

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
haven't you guys seen Cape Fear where Robert Deniro attached himself under the car to follow the family? Thats why you need the rock lights tied into the keyfob.

Robert-DeNiro-Cape-Fear_l.jpg

you want this guy hiding under your Bronco?

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you are looking for a remote option this kit is plug and play. But why do you want a remote? You are only going to use them for night wheeling to see under your truck. Or do you plan on going to the grocery store parking lot and turning them on and trying to impress the kids with your cool lights?
Its a Rig not a honda with a wing
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10263559&postcount=1
I just installed these into my rig. The beam pattern is much better and wider. Well worth the price and bright as f@&^
http://www.roundeyes.com/LED_Lighting-LED_Rock_Light_Kit.html

The key fob is an IDEA. It's an option that would save me from adding ANOTHER switch on the dash for something I would seldomly use.

And another thing.....save the dumbass Honda lecture for somebody with less time and experience wrenching Broncos than yourself. NOBODY wants to ask a question if they know that some jerk is going to harrass them with juvenile comments.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I mounted 4 lights inder my rig, the 2 front I bolted to the front side of the A pillar body mounts, the 2 rear, here
DSCN4050.jpg

Scrapper_MV

And another thing.....save the dumbass Honda lecture for somebody with less time and experience wrenching Broncos than yourself. NOBODY wants to ask a question if they know that some jerk is going to harrass them with juvenile comments.

I couldn't agree more, who needs the snide little remarks that have become more common on this site lately.

Didn't your momma teach you not to say anything if you didn't have anything nice to say?

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
Seems like I pushed the wrong button with you. I could put it on a wireless remote for you. ;D

All in fun. Kidding, Joking, being funny etc....
;D

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
I just went outside and took a pic. its with an iphone and the street lights are on but much brighter then the other kit

Roundeyes.com

get-attachmentaspx-5.jpg

Deano

Bronco Guru
When I was doing a lot of 4x4ing I put a set of lights on the frame in front of the front tires a warn flood light and it worked great! The remote that's difrent but I like it. My luck I would misplace it.

nrramse

haven't you guys seen Cape Fear where Robert Deniro attached himself under the car to follow the family? Thats why you need the rock lights tied into the keyfob.

Robert-DeNiro-Cape-Fear_l.jpg

you want this guy hiding under your Bronco?

LOL!!

Let him ride under Tom's Bronco (22213evl) for a few minutes and see how buff he looks then. ;D

robofig

I couldn't agree more, who needs the snide little remarks that have become more common on this site lately.

Didn't your momma teach you not to say anything if you didn't have anything nice to say?

Pirate Lite is open for business.

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
I did this years ago on my f150, but I wired mine to the door open switch, door opens and lights came on. I just bought a cheap set of off road lights. Works good if you live in a places with alot of rain, you dont end up stepping out right into a puddle.