• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Under da Tub-paint,undercoat, or...

robofig

I have owned my bronco for 20 years and finally getting around to a frame off.
I should of had it done 15 years ago but you know how it goes , houses, girl friends, kids, wives, etc.
I need some ideas. Can't afford por 15 and everything else you have to buy with it. I'm in so cal so not a lot of rain.
Any one have any luck undercoatings or any other special paints. I just want to do it once and not screw with it again.
Thanks for the input.

Bronco Brett

Loc.
little rock ar
u could do a single stage like standox ralley black. but back to all the extra stuff. the dp epoxy was real good till they did away with the lead(thanx EPA). but it would still work . hope this helps. Brett

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
On the underside I used 3m 08883 undercoating I think thats the no...about 7years ago ...It's a little thicker than some of the others ...I was trying to make mine as quite as possible inside ...and dust free inside ...

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i'm a fan of bedliner. if the tub is prepped right it will stick forever, seal it well and help insulate it.
one big advantage it has it dirt washes off it. helps keep it cleaner.
all comes down to how much you want to spend and how much work you want to get into if doing it yourself.