• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Under dash Radio

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Anyone else have one, it is left of the steering column. Sorry for the poor pic

80a6c434fd4cf7155e758b152b467d52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmacstickman

Yeah, I have a newer CD player installed under my dash, just under the original AM radio.

One of my previous Bronco's was a "Radio Delete" like yours, and I would never bring myself to cutting it.

OP
OP
Ether

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
I won't cut it

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
I only have this bad picture but I mounted mine under the dash. The am radio works fine but stations suck haha. And I couldn't bring myself to cut the dash to fit a modern Din radio

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
Ether

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
I guess I should have clarified, I was looking for vintage or dealer installed under the dash radios. My dash is a radio delete.

romegadave

Ether

Do a search for Retrosound Radio. Scoop posted this a while back and it may be just what you want--good luck, Dave

House

Minutia Militia
All dealer installed radios I have seen were the factory style radio that require three drilled holes.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I loved the look of that one too! I had a Craig/Pioneer 8-track that worked fantastic but just didn't have the hi-tech look of that one.

Paul

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I love the KP500 as well. Pricey though (average is $300-$500 on eBay these days). I've had a couple and am about to mount one of them on my '74 this weekend. The dial looks so cool at night. Pioneer also made the TP500 which is the same radio with an 8track player instead of cassette.

I was always fond of the Pioneer KP500 :D

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 12.03.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 12.03.00 PM.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 31

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I put one of these KP-500's in my 2nd vehicle I ever owned - 1975 CJ5 - worked great!!!

Forgot all about it until this thread.....it was a great radio!!!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
have this in my stash of goodies....bought in a pile of stuff. Don't know why the deck is in it upside down though %)

Attachments

• alpine.jpg
    alpine.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 35