• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Under fender air duct and filter

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
So, I have raised the passenger side of the cowl which eliminates the incoming air to the heater box.

So has anyone ever installed some type of filter under the fender area to pull filtered air to the heater box? I have heard rumours that it possible but never seen it.

Thx!

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
While at Wildhorses event today I saw a guy who had a box from BC Bronco that moved the air intake over the heater intake and he modified it to allow the heater to draw air there too

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't. Just haven't had adequate time to rebuild my heater yet.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I'm not worried about "filtered air" at all since I only run at best, a windscreen behind my the rear of my half-cab, but, using a pc of gore tex to cover the 6" diameter hole in the kick panel is all I need for bringing in outside air for the heater. Keeps the water out from the tire kicking it up.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I'm into simple... lol

You could use mesh or Skins that we use on snowmobile air intakes to keep water from the clutch and intakes.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heater rebuild time.
Heater core is plugged with grass seed, dirt, bugs, etc.
Flows water just fine.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I have been testing my home made version of a filter . Basically an old T-shirt stretched over a frame and laid on top of the fresh air boxes. Nothing pretty but it keeps the big chunks out of the heater box and off the driver's side foot well. It may be my imagination, but I think there has been less dust coating things on a day to day basis too. Nothing of course stops the off road dust. But it is worthwhile in my opinion.