• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Undercoating -- How many quarts/cans does it take

Hatteras

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I was going to order some Eastwood Ruberized Undercoating in a rattle can to put under the bronco. Any idea how much i should order. Don't really want to end up with a lot of it left over.

Also...any thoughts about the product? is there another one i should use instead?

Thanks

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
I used rust bullet. It took a little over 1 qt to do the underside and my frame. I'm sure 1 qt would be enough to do your underside if you don't use it on you frame as I did.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
I bought two of those large cans of Dupli-Color rubberized undercoating, thinking that would be enough to do all four wheel wells.

After doing the two right ones (two coats each), I was down to less than half a can, so bought two more and was on the fourth can by the time I did the second coat on the left side.

The size of those cans is misleading, as even though they're bigger than a standard spray paint can, the stuff is so thick that it takes up a lot of space inside. So if you're going to do the entire underside of a Bronco including the wheel wells, I'm thinking you'd need at least eight cans.