• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uneven Bronco

hed4rvr

Loc.
Buckeye, AZ
New owner of a recently purchased 74 Bronco. My problem is that it leans about an inch lower on the driver side (front and rear). The prior owner says the suspension is new from Wild Horses...2.5 lift with new springs. The body looks level on the chassis when I looked at the bushings. I just installed new 33" AT's but the level is frustrating me. It seems simple...saggy springs or worn body bushings-what am I missing or any suggestions?

btimm

You have bronco lean. You will likely have to adjust your radius arm c bushings in accordance with the tech doc on wild horses webpage. Do a google search and it should pop right up. I also have bronco lean and was curious about how much it affected weight transfer on the sagging side. Can you measure your drivers side tire and compare it with passenger side? With same tire pressure.

Annapolis76EB

Loc.
Annapolis, MD
The lean just adds to the character of our Broncos. Adjusting your C bushings should straighten it out, but dont be surprised if you do some off-roading, hit a few bumps and have it come back somewhat. From my experience, it is rare to see an EB without a little lean to it.

OP
OP
H

hed4rvr

Loc.
Buckeye, AZ
went to WH and found the process to correct the lean...looks like I have a weekend project ahead of me.

many thanks

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
do yourself a favor, lube the hell out of the bushings with dishwashing soap. just helped someone last week with some bushings, he lubed them with grease and it still leaned. i lubed them with palmolive, they went right in and it sits level.

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
do yourself a favor, lube the hell out of the bushings with dishwashing soap. just helped someone last week with some bushings, he lubed them with grease and it still leaned. i lubed them with palmolive, they went right in and it sits level.
Palmolive will also keep you from getting dish pan hands.