• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

United Pacific Sheet Metal

Tjboriack

Loc.
Orange County, CA
Does anyone have any experience with United Pacific sheet metal body parts?

They are just down the road from me so it is savings on shipping as I can pick-up, but haven't heard many reviews on their product.

If not United Pacific who do you recommend and why? Yes I know most sheet metal needs to be worked and isn't perfect as every Bronco varies some - dependent on it's life.....

I am in need of front right quarter, grille, and hood.

Thanks,

Tom

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
United Pacific is a relative newcomer to Bronco body panels. Personally, I'd look at Dynacorn or Dennis Carpenter if needing to source some. You're already aware of the feedback saying they all need work, but I think Dynacorn is usually considered to be the best in terms of quality. Opinions seem to be all over the place. Anyway, Dynacorn is up the road in Camarillo so picking-up in order to save on shipping may be an option for you as well.

1970 Palmer

United Pacific is a relative newcomer to Bronco body panels. Personally, I'd look at Dynacorn or Dennis Carpenter if needing to source some. You're already aware of the feedback saying they all need work, but I think Dynacorn is usually considered to be the best in terms of quality. Opinions seem to be all over the place. Anyway, Dynacorn is up the road in Camarillo so picking-up in order to save on shipping may be an option for you as well.

I was very pleased with the fit of my Dynacorn door skin. It was drop shipped from Camarillo.

John

OP
OP
Tjboriack

Tjboriack

Loc.
Orange County, CA
thank you for the feedback - I will check out dynacorn as well - guess I didn't realize they were up the road. I was leaning Dennis Carpenter if I didn't do UP.

The struggle is real! For me right now I guess it is more for the quality of the metal. No one is using domestic metal, and I think only a DC is forming in the US.....

Thanks,

Greenflan2

Sorry to hijack this post but does anyone have any experience either way on the American made parts sold by bronco graveyard and others and how they compare quality wise to dynacorn or Dennis carpenter? I was planning to source door post, etc. from DC but they are indefinitely back ordered at the moment. I was also looking at United Pacific early on before reading the info above, but their parts seem to vary in thickness relative to my original panels in cases where I could find that info on their website, which was a concern.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
DC has flat rate shipping. 2 front fenders to the door $14.99 shipping......

I've not ever seen a post where Bronco sheet metal was a direct no tweaking bolt on regardless of the manufacture. DC sells "Blue Oval Brand". I had to remove several spot welds and reweld the fenders to get them perfect. The sheet metal is good the jig used to weld them up is off or maybe our 40 plus year old trucks have issue with sagging here and there after years of abuse.

Fenders front are from DC
Rockers are from WH and JBJ
Front core support was from Tom's
Rear fenders will be from DC

Tim

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
DC has flat rate shipping. 2 front fenders to the door $14.99 shipping......

I've not ever seen a post where Bronco sheet metal was a direct no tweaking bolt on regardless of the manufacture. DC sells "Blue Oval Brand". I had to remove several spot welds and reweld the fenders to get them perfect. The sheet metal is good the jig used to weld them up is off or maybe our 40 plus year old trucks have issue with sagging here and there after years of abuse.

Fenders front are from DC
Rockers are from WH and JBJ
Front core support was from Tom's
Rear fenders will be from DC

Tim

Ditto on the fitment. I got
Fenders front from DC/Blue Oval
Rockers are from WH "Factory stamped"
Front core support and grill was from Tom's, grill "factory stamped"
All needed lots of work.

c17jack

I can't speak for UP sheet metal but i just installed a set of United Pacific long tube ceramic stainless steel headers that i purchased from Summit racing and they worked out perfect. No leaks and fitment was spot on. Looks to be good quality stuff.