• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UPDATE 01: Need help with Explorer rear disc swap

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
I don't have my computer available so searching posts is difficult with my phone.

Purchased an explorer rear disc swap from Quick Performance. I'm ready to put it together. What is "right" or "left"

Does the backing plate mount to the back?

Lille this:
1000010996.jpg
Or like this:
1000010995.jpg
1725746525503.jpg
I've had a few beers so forgive my ignorance

Last edited:
OP
OP
skrit

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
One more question...t bolts came with lock washers. Should I use those or just put red locktite on them and torque to 35 ft lbs

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s me, but I put some sort of lock tight on everything a rebuild, even if it has a lock washer.
some things you just don’t want to loosen up especially on brake components

OP
OP
skrit

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
UPDATE:
One thing I've found is the rotor center hole is .075 (75 thousanths) too small to fit over the raised center register of the new Yukon axle. So.... how hard would it be to sand that down? Maybe I just need to take it to my machine shop... it's just such a small amount to take off...opinions?

Was thinking of using my cylinder bore tool since i don't need those stones anymore.

Last edited: