• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

upper radiator hose 351w

Prime Time

Just bought a bigger radiator , the hose doesn't quite fit since I had installed a inline temp switch and had to cut off a 2" section out of the middle of my old radiator , I went to Napa and couldn't find one that looked like my original hose, Not sure what year my 351 is(yet) and does any body know the part number for the stock hose ? it comes out the intake manifold, does a 45 then across the front of the engine then another 45 to the radiator to the drivers side . I can sacrifice the new hose to cut to my length I need . I don't want to put a coupling , seems like an easy fix just reaching out hitting a bump in the road

blksn8k

When I did a 351W swap in my '75 I used a Goodyear High Miler hose kit p/n 5003 which fits '83-'94 F-series and Bronco. The upper radiator hose in that kit is Goodyear p/n 61460HT. The hoses in that kit are all bright blue which might be a little over the top. LOL

OP
OP
Prime Time

Prime Time

Got it done, Now mounting second trany cooler since it is convenient and it has a home already under the front core support

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The year of your or any 351w is irrelevant. The thermostat housing is what the upper radiator connects to and any Ford SB and most aftermarket intake manifolds take any Ford small block thermostat housing. So a photo or description of the thermostat housing, will tell us what upper hose will work.

OP
OP
Prime Time

Prime Time

when searching I found Hoses that said they were for 351w but the pics didn't look close to mine , Its finished tho thanks , I uploaded pics before on other posts but now cant find that jpeg option just url also not seeing if my membership has expired or not, to allow for that , sucks being a newbie on here lol

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Early Broncos were made with 289s and 302s not 351s. No surprise a radiator hose listed for 351s is for some other truck and some other radiator and thus won't work. A little knowledge of Ford small blocks would tell you to get radiator hoses for 289s and 302s in an early Bronco. That would then be correct for a 351 in an early Bronco. The kid at AutoZone with a computer won't know that.