• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Use a explorer or 94/95 5.0 EFI intakes

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I may have found a deal on a 94/95 upper and lower intake. Is there any benefit to using either the explorer intakes or the 94/95 mustang intakes? I've searched and came up with nothing.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
GT 40 style. Better flow. Maybe 20 HP. Alone but helps a lot with other mods

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The '94-'95 intake is a little shorter, the angled intake also can cause problems routing the air filter and MAF, throttle body bolt pattern is different than mustang/explorer, and it doesn't flow as well.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The Explorer is the better flowing one without question.
Out does some of the aftermarket intakes.

In '94 the mustang lost HP, it was due to the more restrictive intake pulled out of the Thunderbird parts bin. The shorter intake clears the hood better, but I recall the Explorer intake is just a shade shorter then the standard pre'93 mustang intake. The '94 extra widness can cause issues with brake master/booster clearance.

I would use the Explorer intake.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Thanks, explorer it is. I have to replace my explorer lower because its broken in a few spots. They dropped the engine when they removed it.