• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vacuum Advance Source

msommer001

Can the vacuum advance for the distributor run into the back on the EGR? This is how it was when I purchased the Bronco, I am hear that, this is not correct. There is another vacuum port on the carburetor that I could connect it to once I confirm that vacuum is only created when I mash the gas.

Correct, I need to make sure that there is no vacuum at idle correct?

I have looked at the vacuum diagrams and they do not match what I have, I will post some photos tonight, but it does not appear that there is a "Cooling PVS"

It would be very helpful if anyone has a 77 diagram they can share. Is the 77 different or should a 76 or 75 diagram be the same?

Thanks in advance.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
'75-'77 diagrams should be very similar but probably not exactly the same.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
When I rebuilt my motor on my '73 I got rid of the vacuum tree at the back of the stock manifold where the vacuum advance for the distributor was hooked up to (if I remember correctly). I now have my Pertronix distributor hooked up to the carb and everything work great.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Correct. No vacuum at idle. If I remember right it is called ported vacuum. If you hook it to the manifold at all it will advance immediately at idle.

OP
OP
msommer001

msommer001

I have a connection at the carb that I can connect too. Thanks for the help, I will report on any issues.