• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Valve cover options for 302 with EFI Manifold 5.0

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a set of those Ford racing covers that look just like that and clear the Mustang intake manifolds, and I have roller rockers.

0d2cd637da668de46df1231b2d6c33a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you able to run the baffle over the filler tube? i have the mustang ones like viper polished but they dont clear roller rockers with the baffle installed

boonz28

Contributor
are you able to run the baffle over the filler tube? i have the mustang ones like viper polished but they dont clear roller rockers with the baffle installed

I have 1.6 ratio pedestal mounted roller rockers and made no modifications to the valve covers. Everything cleared just fine out of the box. I did need longer bolts for the covers as well as a spacer between the upper and lower intake but apparently thats only a problem if you're using the explorer manifold.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah i aint that lucky, the nut hits the baffle on one set. the other set clear but is has no baffle, which probably will allow it to suck oil through the tube on the filler neck.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 68

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
problem solved, pulled the valvetrain and cam and went back stock. did not want to pay 200 dollars plus for spacers. stock works great.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kyle, if I was running a carb, it would have only taken one set of spacers. The type rocker I had (pedestal mount comp cam) made it where the nut sit really high. Any solution I would try would cost more money. As luck would have it, the number 7 rod bearing cap got crossed up with the number 1 and it caused a seizure of the rod (not while running but while turning it over). So we had to go back in anyhow and it is cost me nothing, already had the stock cam.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
=The old how do you know a mustang has 1.7 vs 1.6 roller rockers? The bump in the hood for the taller valve covers, intake spacer, etc.

My bigger problem was driver side rear valve cover hitting firewall and i have a 5.0 with 2 inch BL but using Edelbrock heads which are slightly taller.

This would not fit and hit the firewall:
https://jet.com/product/detail/adf1...L48c_zM34kpguXEuopVTA1PSgknVJfBxoC8HkQAvD_BwE

This would fit, note canted part of valve cover allowing closer fit to firewall but still allows large 1.7 to run free with no baffle issue:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-302-003/overview/make/ford

Unfortunately i think it warns not for use with efi, unless spacer used, sorry

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Kyle, if I was running a carb, it would have only taken one set of spacers.

Crap - I meant to post a picture of those covers clearing with the GT40 intake setup... sorry to hear about the motor, glad you figured that out before starting it.

Miles of room with the Typhoon intakes-
20150714_181619_zpsxrqwwxkv.jpg

GT40 clears fine too - although the most expensive setup out there.
2012-04-13_17-24-15_552.jpg