• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vent lines for fuel returns on EFI?

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I was searching the archives for this info but I'm not finding what I need. (Maybe I'm not looking in the right place) Anyway, I thought I had read somewhere that I can use my vent lines on my stock fuel tanks as return lines for my EFI fuel line setup. Has anyone else done this? Any disadvantage to pulling out the vent system. I know that alot of people pull the vent system out. I still have mine in place but I'm not even sure it works properly. What do you guys think about doing this?

Thanks,
Jeremy

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Not exactly sure this answers your question but I have heard of people putting a 'T' in the vent line as teh return for the EFI.

Galen

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
My main tank is an aftermarket 23 gallon tank and alreay had the ports to hook up a return and vent lines. For my aux tank I just took out the filler tube and drilled it for 1/4 NPT barbed fitting.

broncobill

Loc.
RIVER CITY, NE
vent lines

i found an early 90's mustang pump fit in my stock tank but i can't remember how the vent worked. i will ask my brother tomorrow and get back to you

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I just put a T in the vent at the tank return, used the stock fuel line for the return.
although its better to use steel lines, I used rubber.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I added a T to the filler vent tube going to my rear tank. (Not the purge line as it didn't have one) In the front tank I soldered another fitting in the sending unit. I've since removed both and put a 24 gallon BCB tank in that already had fittings for it.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
SaddleUp said:
I added a T to the filler vent tube going to my rear tank. (Not the purge line as it didn't have one) In the front tank I soldered another fitting in the sending unit. I've since removed both and put a 24 gallon BCB tank in that already had fittings for it.

Duff front tank that had the port in it and I soldered in a new return line to the sending unit flange right next to the original line for the return. It works great. I use all ruber lines without a problem.