• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ventura fires

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Turned on the news this morning and the fire is blowing thru neighborhoods taking lots of homes. I know we have some bronco brothers up that way. Hope all is well.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yea it s crazy winds and fire today. Moved the bronco to my moms when the fires came through the orange Anaheim’s hills area a month or so ago. Great to have a neighbor who’s a fireman and he says your good
Hope everyone is ok

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Just got home from the beach in el porto. So much smoke up that way you cat see malibu or any of the hills up that way. The wind shifted to onshore about an hour ago. Now you can smell the smoke pretty strong and ash falling all the way down here.

Bako Bronco

Loc.
Bakersfield
Our department just sent a large quantity of firefighters to help out down there. Ive been tracking it since last night at work. Pretty crazy conditions which are fueling those fires. Hope everyone is being safe

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Same here. Palo Alto (904Broncos old crowd) and Santa Cruz (cafirefhtr's homies) just left this morning at o'dark thirty.

Paul

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Terrible news!

As a Santa Rosa Resident (Rincon Valley) and having just lived through this almost 2 months ago. I only know this feeling too well...

Shoot, my family and I were returning from the WH swap meet when we first started seeing (feeling) the crazy winds that started our fire. I heard reports claiming winds of up to 80 mph that night through Rincon Valley!! :eek: Just standing in my yard and watching the fire come towards us was enough to confirm.

Best of luck to them all.

Last edited:

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Good luck everyone, those fires are never fun. Loved living in SoCal growing up, but that fire season is rough.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thoughts and prayers from me n mine. So sad to see it on the news.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
There's two of us here that I know of directly affected by the Thomas Fire. Haven't heard from 71 CA Bronco in a couple of days. I know that he was evacuated.

We came close to being evacuated when a fire bug set a small fire in the field up-wind of us. Cops arrested the guys trying to put it out. While that was being sorted out 2 Cal Fire crews and 3 helicopter drops put it out. The guys had managed to turn it away from homes before the cops got it all wrong. Like to thank them, no idea who they were.

Looking at news showing that the fire has reached the coast between Solimar and Faria Beaches. That's about 20 miles (!!) from the point of origin. We had some gusts here yesterday that were easily over 50 MPH. I saw a report that Santa Paula had recorded a 78 MPH gust and it wouldn't surprise me if we got that gust too. Some may recall the mud slides in La Conchita in 2005? They're now under a full community mandatory fire evacuation notice.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Went to Lowes fruitlessly looking for dust masks, they're totally out. Wanted to donate them to the Salvation Army Relief Effort at the County Fairgrounds.

Got a good look at the hills on the drive back. Haven't seen them hills black like that since the Ventura Hill fire of the late 70's.

Heard from 71 CA via the SoCA EB list, his house has escaped so far.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Went to Lowes fruitlessly looking for dust masks, they're totally out. Wanted to donate them to the Salvation Army Relief Effort at the County Fairgrounds.

Got a good look at the hills on the drive back. Haven't seen them hills black like that since the Ventura Hill fire of the late 70's.

Heard from 71 CA via the SoCA EB list, his house has escaped so far.

glad they are ok, thoughts and prayers to all of you out there.
lost a house in the 70's to fire not fun at all:(

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I had fire (grass fire) come right up to my back wall in the Creek Fire. Winds were 60-70 mph on Tuesday. It was crazy. All ok now. Here is a pic of the fire coming over the hills behind my house and then a grass fire starting right behind my house. Then all hell broke loose.

Attachments

• 20171205_095752.jpg
    20171205_095752.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20171205_101128.jpg
    20171205_101128.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 43