• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Very Important..I need your opinion!!!

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
[quote author=Dusty link=board=5;threadid=19466;start=0#msg149338 date=1057032485]
I bleed Ford blue. Dusty
[/quote]

So do I ;)

OP
OP
X

XxBrOnCoMaNXx

Loc.
Lake Stevens, WA
[quote author=feitctaj link=board=5;threadid=19466;start=15#msg149680 date=1057116043]
Like the imortal Tim The Toolman Taylor said" In some Counties in Michigan, This would be a felony" ;D
[/quote]

Funny i pretty sure that guy that had the bronco was from michigan :D

KST1

I'll chime in with the "Who gives a damn" crowd. Live and let live. Drive what you like and enjoy it. Lifes to short for such frivolity.

-D

Bronco_Rider

Loc.
Brentwood, Ca
As a person who is running Chevy power in a Bronco, The only questions I have are,

"How well was the project thought out"
"Was the work done 1st class"

Yes on both counts makes the project a success!

Bronco_Rider

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
[quote author=rflud link=board=5;threadid=19466;start=0#msg149367 date=1057034572]
Who cares. A Chevy 350 is a good engine. Simple and solid just like the Ford engines. It will get a EB down the road and up the side of a hill just fine. I'm not a Ford guy. I'm not a Chevy guy. I just like classic cars/trucks. I don't give a rat's ass who built it; they're just cool. To each his own. I just saw a couple of Jeeps and a Land Cruiser with a Chevy drive train. It can't be all that bad.
[/quote]

Ditto!! Same here... My DD is a 1999 Saab 9-3 SE. what ya gonna say to that? And, my next vehicle will prolly be an old Yota Land cruiser FJ40 - I like to have variety, change, new learning possibilities...

blahh...

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
100% Ford Parts or EB Vendors ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
No shevy, risson, yota crap here 8) 8)

Bronco_Rider

Loc.
Brentwood, Ca
Hi,
I would like to make an observation.
I find the people who have a difficult time with a Ford/Chevy project are the ones who have their 4x4 stock or modified slightly and/or has a shop work on their truck.
The people who are comfortable with the swap are driving vehicles with a hot 302's or have a 351 under the hood and are driving a more highly modified vehicle.
They understand a good challange and enjoy looking at and evaluating the work of other craftsmen.
These people can also spot poor workmanship or faulty design from a distance and enjoy coming up with a solution.
Yes, there are exceptions

Bronco_Rider
Group #2

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
I'm all for the "It's yours do what you want with it"

But myself, I may modify my Bronco's from original with lifts 351w's, SEFI, etc... etc... but it's all Ford stuff.

And my wife drives a Taurus. ;)

As long as you are enjoying it, that's really all that matters.
Just don't try and sell it to me with a chevy motor in it cause I'm not interested in it.

U

Unregistered

I think that having a 350 in an EB isnt a bad thing at all but when u get to tranny,axels and all the running gears being gm thats just rediculous. He doesnt need a bronco he needs a blazer. i agree with most of the people about having diversity but this has gone a little too far. if you wanna be different buy a blazer and leave the pony alone.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
It sounds like this thread is dying down due some random points of logic, but it's just not right! I'm not a fanatic about brand loyalty, but it does make for some spirited debates and/or bragging rights between Ford guys and those poozefaced other guys. A chebronco owner is a self-made Bastard!

Go to as many web forums like this one as you can find and read a few days worth of post. You will quickley find that the average Bronco driver is many times more intelligent than the typical cheve/dodge/jeep owners. We also have nicer manners and more of our original teeth. In defence of the jeep owners, many of them are smart enough but just too naive in the ways of dirt. Jeeps are what the good guys always drove in the movies, right?

Anybody's feathers still ruffled?

Dez

Although I do think that sucks I can sort of understand why. I have found that chevy products are much more "tunable" than ford. I am constantly looking for little parts to modify my engine that are non-exsistent for fords but pop right up for chevy whenI search for them. Most recently it was an EGR block-off plate (just a small example). It is much easier and form what I have found cheaper to modify and beaf up a chevy 350 than a ford 302 or 351. Although Broncos, Mustangs, etc., will always make a chevy product look like crap when they are sitting side by side.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
The dough it took to put a complete GM drivetrain in that EB could have done a very nice restore on mine. You have to wonder and ask your self why is the guy selling it? Just remember if you build a halfbreed you might not have many appreciate it as much as you do, but if it floats yer boat than go for it.

Did you know that the NP 435 was developed and designed while the company was owned by Dodge?
So all you out there runnin NPs got Dodge trannys in your trucks ;D

Still it's been fun reading what y'all think about it, and thanks Dusty, I needed a good laugh! ;D

~BH

Alex

Loc.
Indiana
Bahhh, it is wrong! What would it ever be worth? What is it if not a "Kit CAR". Now if he had done a cummins conversion we would all have sumthin to talk about!
Ya know Cummins is working on smaller lighter engines as we speak....Hmmm.

That would be my next major mod. DSL engine and get some MPG!!!;D