• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

vintage air ?

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
Anybody have the a/c from vintage air. I need to know where to get an idler pully for the compressor belt.Is there something else i could use or is it Vintage air specific. Can't get them on the phone to ask right now. It squeels like mad when first switched on and under quick throttle. Belts are real tight so Any other opinions would be appreciated. Ken

vap13

Ken, I also have the vintage air unit but don't have it completed yet. I was curious myself about the belts and if I would need an idler pully. I'm hoping to start my engine this weekend and maybe I can tell then. I have extra idler pulleys that I can try if need be but I would be interested to see if anyone else has the same problem
Paul

OP
OP
kens71

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
idler

Vap, What i call an idler is really just the upper most pulley.It mounts to a plate with the kit.I'll get a pic and post it asap.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
kens71 said:
Belts are real tight

This could be your problem...

I have BCs Vintage Air kit, It's not charged yet but will be soon :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00070.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00091.JPG
    DSC00091.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 70

vap13

I have the same setup as Madgyver, my unit is from vintage air but I got the bracket from BC because the VA bracket did not put the compressor where I wanted it. If I need an idler I will have to adapt one, i'm not sure if the one from vintage air will work. I will try to post some pics tonight.
Paul

OP
OP
kens71

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
a/c

Thanks mad for the pics.I like the way bc's gets the compressor over to the left side like that. Mine is a bit different . Might have to check into those plates. Ken