• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO Wanted: Daily Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

COBronco

First post!

First off, I'll admit that I'm NOT a car guy and have been living in NYC for years and haven't even owed one for quite a while. Moving to CO next week though and I'd like to pick up a classic Bronco that I can drive daily. I'm hoping I can get something that won't need constant work. I know it's a gamble on older vehicles but such is life...

I'd prefer something fairly vintage-correct (not sure if that's correct terminology, I'm a guitar guy!) and either stock suspension or a 2-3" lift. A hard top would be best since I hear it gets cold in those mountains...

I don't know enough to be too picky but am open to looking at anything.

Here are photos of a '71 I'd been sent. Apparently no rust, manual steering and brakes but in 'good' mechanical condition. They want $20,000. Is that high? Seems high...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/78xx36wdjzehf4g/AAC9eaRx8XA5yiCp_9YaEDbHa?n=340834962

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Steve

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Welcome. Have you talked to Bronco Hut over in Castle Rock? They have Broncos for sale sometimes or they may know of a customer that has one they are looking to move.

OP
OP
C

COBronco

I hadn't come across them yet but I'll get in touch. Thanks for the info.

The only guys I've talked to are Worldwide Vintage Autos which have a pretty poor reputation on this site but some decent looking trucks and Classic Ford Broncos who people online seem to think are priced high but build some sharp looking trucks.

phyler

Loc.
Denver area
Check out ColoradoclassicBroncos.Com. Great local folks. There are a lot of us out here. Make sure you fill us in on where in Colorado you'll be moving.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
If you raise your budget you could buy one of the nicest LUBR in the land.

LUBR = Lifted Uncut BRonco

Hit up landshark if your interested

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
First post!

First off, I'll admit that I'm NOT a car guy and have been living in NYC for years and haven't even owed one for quite a while. Moving to CO next week though and I'd like to pick up a classic Bronco that I can drive daily. I'm hoping I can get something that won't need constant work. I know it's a gamble on older vehicles but such is life...

I'd prefer something fairly vintage-correct (not sure if that's correct terminology, I'm a guitar guy!) and either stock suspension or a 2-3" lift. A hard top would be best since I hear it gets cold in those mountains...

Here are photos of a '71 I'd been sent. Apparently no rust, manual steering and brakes but in 'good' mechanical condition. They want $20,000. Is that high? Seems high...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/78xx36wdjzehf4g/AAC9eaRx8XA5yiCp_9YaEDbHa?n=340834962

Thanks

Steve
That's a '72. Wrong tcase shifter, auto transplant, repaint, etc.

stigy

Loc.
Auburn
First post!

Thanks

Steve

$20,000 for that EB?? come on....
these guys have their Broncos way overpriced. Whos is even paying them for those?

http://classicfordbroncos.com/special-inventory.html

Sporto

That Bronco looks like it is all there and original. For someone who is not really a "car guy" that is a good start. Anything on there that may need fixing/maintaining is readily available online or at an auto parts store. As for the price, I would say that it is a bit high for that. I too am of the mindset that a lot of the Broncos for sale are overpriced anymore.

Good luck with your move.

Ernie1776

I was looking for a daily driver since April of this year until I purchased mine in August. It seems prices are just getting higher and higher. I looked at SEVERAL and missed out on a few deals. In the end I paid over 20K for mine and believe it was a fair price after all the broncos I looked at. I had to pay an additional $700 to have it shipped across the country. My Bronco was a frame off restoration a few years ago. It has an all fiberglass body, 351 with under 7K miles, front discs, Power steering. Power Brakes,c4 automatic transmission, new wiring harness and gauges runs like a dream and has an AMAZING paint job. I don't love the seats but absolutely love everything else about my bronco. The only work I had to do was add an emergency brake. Take a look at mine in my garage and you will get an idea of what you should be able to get within your budget. If you have questions about my daily driver search message me.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That Bronco looks like it is all there and original. For someone who is not really a "car guy" that is a good start. Anything on there that may need fixing/maintaining is readily available online or at an auto parts store. As for the price, I would say that it is a bit high for that. I too am of the mindset that a lot of the Broncos for sale are overpriced anymore.

Good luck with your move.

If you're referring to the 71' in the OP's post, not even close to original as Viperwolf1 pointed out.

To the OP, welcome.........if you're wanting original, post pics before you buy, truly original is hard to come by, and many sellers think they may have original with no bad intentions, they just aren't aware. Good luck with your search! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.