• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

water 4 gas anyone done it yet

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
i just ordered the kit to make your veh run with water has anyone done this to the bronco yet or am i going to be the first if not let me know what you think
sean

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
good luck there, I do have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell though%)

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I thunk if ya put em big ole moster truck tars on there, it could run on da water. :)

I never knewed they maded cits.

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
I have seen a few of those web sites which explain how to extract hydrogen from water. Then the hydrogen is fed into the engine as a secondary fuel. I am interested to see how it works but I have my doubts. I was watching Myth busters and they were running a car from a cylinder of hydrogen and that was the only fuel source so the concept makes sense but building a home made extractor to extract hydrogen from water is another thing.

Good Luck ;D

backpain

Bronco Guru
the potential energy (without breaking apart or demolishing atoms) of a mason jar of water and a piece of metal, as compared to 10 tanks of gas................I'm done typing.

. . . and I have a friend of a friend that I respect swearing this gets him +10mpg on a diesel. Even if it is some basic (because it's not new science) crap I don't know about (and I don't 'no much) it wouldn't affect diesel and gasoline combustion the exact same way.

I didn't even read the link but it's supposed to inject H gas, I assume. Gas would already be water if it were that easy with that volume of water.

Last edited:

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I have a friend running Hydrogen injection on his Mustang. I am waiting to hear his results..

flousberg

It is pretty simple, the 2nd law of thermodynamics. To run a car on water, you must break the Hydrogen and Oxygen bonds, then use the hydrogen as fuel for the car. The only problem is it takes more energy to break the hydrogen to oxygen bond then you can get out of the hydrogen. It is simple chemistry and thermodynamics. Your car can run on "Water" but you will have to put more energy into it than you currently are. It is not economically feasible. Hydrogen cars are also a joke for the same reason. You can only get Hydrogen from water or something like methane. Water takes more energy than you get out of the hydrogen and the other possibilities are fossil fuels.

Any way good luck.

OP
OP
sean lalley

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
did not mean to get everyone in an uproar at least you all got a good laugh
i will let you know how and if it works

backpain

Bronco Guru
. . .and many of your "green" cars today (H or batteries) polute more in producing the fuels than gasoline does upon combustion. Little publicized fact that will someday be reversed with improved technology and forgotten