• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

water 4 gas anyone done it yet

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I think maybe someone over on pirate may have done it might post a question over there:-X

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The idea is sound. Those kit are more to help burn gas with hydrogen or what they call hydroxy then running hydrogen by itself. Don't waste time on them commerical jobs. You can make one for a lot less. To really work, you would need to run more then one. Plus you need a tuner/programmer/fooler for ecm. I emailed a couple of cummins guys and all are using series of cells and wish there was a programmer that allow them to tune the fueling.

Eugene

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Sean-

Please, do let us know how it goes witht he device, if/when you build it and install it. Lots of anecdotal here-say that some of these hydrogen or 'brown's gas' generators work. I might believe it for a 10-15 % boost...but when you get the 50% and 100% increases; it just seems implausible. We all know how inefficient our v-8s can be...even fuel injection doesnt help much. Increased performance and smooth idle has been scientifically proven to dramatically increase the weight of your right foot by 15-25% offsetting any fuel savings that the economy of EFI brings.

As more folks try these gizmos, I look forward to the feedback. I would guess that a slight leaning condition is being introduced --in an O2 sensor regulated system--and that this is where the 'economy' comes from...that a from a slight "steam cleaning" of the intake runners and such. This might lead to a slight increase in economy, but I dont expect anyone to see 100% increases. I have heard lots of second hand reports; "I have a friend in CO..." or "yeah, it works, this guy I used to work with built his own..." I would love to check one out, in person, go for a 50 mile drive with it off and the same 50 mile drive with it on and see what happens. Hell, I would pay for the gas.

Most of the "hypermiling" tricks work. I am getting a 20-30% increase just by driving like a grandma...but going from 10 to 13 mpg shouldnt be a stretch... a 5.0 should be able to get better...its a gearing, big tire, 4800 lb sitting 3.5 ft up in the air vehicle problem. Coast when you can, accelerate slow--except when you need to, and up shift as soon as you can. With the cams that most of us install for off-roading, they should cruise/pull fine from 1500 rpm (on the street). Its hard, however, to not want to goose it though. Driving as the common man's sport will definitely be on the decline in the future.

Last edited:

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I wont waste time reading this but I assume they want you to believe that the little Ball glass jar is capable of safely storing hydrogen at pressures high enough to run in your car. gee Hydrogen is light colorless and odorless gas. It has a very high octane rating and does not produce good HP in low compression automobile engines. Worse than natural gas if I rember right. I wouldn't store gasoline in that jar under my hood and hydrogen is much more special than gasoline.
Heck charging your battery may make more hydrogen than that get up.

It takes a lot of power to extract hydrogen and oxegen from water, It is a good tight bond. Back in th e70s when we had gas lines this stuff was in the back of all the popular science magazines and stuff. It everywhere now with the internet.

And Jimmy Carter says water is our future, boy I am relieved.

There are just some things you need to ask yourself before you spend money on something like this. If it works why doesn't everybody have one? Why is it so cheap in realtion to the fuel it will peovide?

Our future may be in hydrogen but it is not in that device.

Next time you feel the need to spend some money give me a calll.

It is true that it takes more energy to break the bond than you get out of burning it to make water again. There is some promising technology that uses a catalyst and heat from a chaep source to provide a usealble afforsdable fuel but that is years away right now.

Right now it would be easier to run your car on the dog terds you pick up in the yard than water in a Ball galss Jar.

wanna buy a perpetual motion machine??

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good luck and let us know how it works out. Some good points have been made. As a pragmatist, if it really worked why haven't the auto makers developed the technology in their constant quest for better efficiency. As an engineer, the thermodynamics just don't play as stated above. As a cynic, I have never seen so much obfuscation without real hard data on a topic on the internet. The guys pushing it have been very busy populating search lists so you get pointed to their propaganda if you type in scam along with anything related to hydrogen, or running on water, etc... Even the other hydrogen scammers are saying that the Water4gas system is a scam. Try to take "Ozzie" up on the refund offer.

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

Last edited:

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
That's funny, a couple of guys at work ordered the CD and began experimenting with different configurations. I can say that they put an ignition source at a foot away and nothing, at 6 inches they also got nothing, however, at 3 inches it was louder than a firecracker! They produced something. It's supposed to go into the intake via the vacuum lines or something. I can't really see having all those mason jars in the grill. %)

I was hoping it would be like hydro-boost brakes. If anyone's interested, I can send you the manual (.pdf). :-X

73Russell

Loc.
Federal Way, WA
The one i seen was built out of a plain old canning jar, guy says he is averaging like 35% increase in mileage, but I am still quite skeptical

75bronco08

Loc.
sublimity,oregon
i was interested in this my self every forum i found on this nobody had prof that it works.the more i read the forums the more i think i was stupid for even thinking it was posible.if it was, wouldnt the car manufactors all ready put it on so they could say,we gets x miles per gallon more than so&so.any way let us know how it works.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Let's see, when you burn hydrogen you're really just combining it with oxygen (H2O). Yep, I think I'm going to build one to use on my lawnmower. That way I can mow and water the lawn at the same time. Do ya think it'll make more water that what it consumes?%)