• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Weekend Project - Need a Quick Answer......Please help!!!

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
Got the new Motor Towers on so Motor, Tranny and Transfer case are mounted. Need to install Tank, Fuel line and Brake lines before I put the Tub back on.

I have the brake and fuel lines but forgot to order the small stainless lines that go the each wheel. Can you find them anywhere on the weekend? I have a speed shop, Auto Zone, Pepboys, Advanced Auto close by. What size do I need? Drum brakes for now. Please help, trying to get everything done today.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p A place like napa should have what you want. Good luck and have fun.;D ;D ;D Bill %) :D :cool:

KempEl

i replaced a brake line last weekend. got a ten inch line from advance and a cutter. bent the line to match the original made my cuts. took about ten minutes cost bout 12 buks

OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
i replaced a brake line last weekend. got a ten inch line from advance and a cutter. bent the line to match the original made my cuts. took about ten minutes cost bout 12 buks

Im looking for the Braided Stainless lines, sorry I should have mentioned that. The ones I need are like the main line that comes out of each axle. They are about 8-12inchs long. Their called Brake Hoses or atleast thats what WH has them listed as. Also, What kind of fitting do I get?

Last edited:

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
Any auto place should have the rubber original lines. SS flexes will be hard to find.
hth

brian72

Early Bronco Student
you did not call me....my feelings are hurt.

I will call you in the morning to make sure ya'll are on your way to church.

OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
you did not call me....my feelings are hurt.

I will call you in the morning to make sure ya'll are on your way to church.

Heck man, I thought you were out of town, I dont want to hurt your feelings so, why dont you come on over and I will let you help me out!

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I have had the same 4 SS lines on my truck for the last 10 years and they seem fine. What wears out Tom?

It appears that where the SS and rubber go into the connector, they wear a hole. It looks to me like the SS finally wears a hole in the rubber after a while.

Maybe its the way I had them mounted, but it was two sets of extended stainless hoses, and they wore out pretty quick.

To answer the question above about why stainless?, the idea is that when fully extended they should better survive stretching, and the stainless braided lines are supposed to be firmer, and transfer more of the brake line pressure to the brakes, rather than using some of the pressure to expand the brake hose.

Tom

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Maybe your lines were too short for your suspinsion travel? There is rubber but the inner liner is teflon. There should be no wear at all and the lines should never be stretched.

kntr

Bronco Guru
My stainless lines on my last bronco lasted 6 years and 65,000 miles and I never had problems.