• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Well i rolled it... need some advice

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Hood, fenders, grill, core support, windshield frame, and doors are trashed. Pics soon... still upset about it

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
That really stinks. Maybe its time to buy a tube bender and build a serious trail rig...br-uggy ;) Sorry about your loss though, I'm sure that's gotta hurt. I guess there weren't any injuries? Were you topless, rollcage, harnesses? What happened?

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Sounds like your dome is still intact though - thats what's most important!

grant_71

Bronco Guru
No Parts are ever trashed, they are just more trail worthy...

glad you are ok,

and of course WE NEED PICS!!!

OP
OP
ugly_od_eb

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Being stupid and young... is most of the problem i feel bad about all the money that my parents put into it and all the work ive done to it. I was doing doughnuts in a open field and desided to get sideways a lil more before i left and i let off the gas and the ass end caught traction and it rolled with me and 2 of my friends, all the fuilds were leaking out, gas, power steering, engine oil, i had a single roll bar and it saved us all and the seatbelts held me in the corbeau seats the entire time. The Best top soft top was on it and its all shreaded

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
You and your friends are very lucky. That could have turned out a lot worse than some bent metal. The metal can be replaced, you or your friends can not.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
That really sucks... but just be glad you and your friends are OK. Broncos can always be fixed - a classic never dies, some just need more work than others do!

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Thankfully God watches over his dumber children too. Doing doughnuts in a short wheel based rig is stupid, but thankfully no one was hurt.%)

Props to you for posting up and owning your screw up though, so now learn a valuble lesson by replacing the body parts yourself and show your parents you respect them and the value of a dollar!

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
glad to hear you and the other VA boys didn't get hurt.. :)

As said above... now do what you have to, to replace those parts and make your parents proud of you .. Then you'll can look back at this yrs from now and remember the lesson you learned... I say this because I rolled a CJ-7 back in the 80's that my parents had helped me w/, I knew I had let them down when it came home behind the tow-truck.. I never made that mistake again..

thanks for sharing your story and being honest about the roll-over ...

good luck !!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Glad you and your friends got out safe...

Its just body panels, Build it again and build it better...

Got pics?

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
now you must rebuild it bigger, faster, stronger, better.

it'll be the bionic bronco. glad y'all are okay. scarey situation, i'm sure.

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Earlier this year a few miles from where I live a couple of guys (older than you) were playing around with a tube buggy in a field, doing exactly what you were doing. Neither one was belted in because they thought “we’re only in a field”. They also rolled it, both were ejected and the buggy went over them. One died at the scene, and if I recall correctly the other died a few days later. I saw the buggy a few weeks after that at a local 4x4 shop and it looked fine, you would never guess it had been rolled because it was built for it. The two guys were no longer with us.

Good for you for wearing your seat belts. Your Bronco is trashed, but you and your friends are still here. You got the better deal. Learn from it, do your best to do the right thing, and be thankful!

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
If you're up for a challenge, go to www.hotrodders.com and start asking questions about metal finishing. This would be a good learning opportunity, but I guarantee with a few new tools and lots of patience, you can straighten out all the mashed parts if you really want. The group over there is very nice and for the most part, very, very experienced in the lost art of automotive restoration.

I rolled my first car at Bob Bondurant Racing school when I was 16. No fun, but I learned paint and body work because of it.

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
Being stupid and young... is most of the problem i feel bad about all the money that my parents put into it and all the work ive done to it.

Sorry about your bronco, I too rolled mine being stupid and young (53 at the time) I like to play, but do it when I am alone. Thank God you and your friends are OK.

Now it is time to go too work..... Think about what you want out of the Bronco, for me I bought it to wheel. I tried to keep it undented washed and waxed this caused a less than enjoyable time on the trail.

Check the Bronco out carefully, look for distortions in the cowl, tunnel, and in the area of the forward body mounts.

My roll was similar, not doughnuts but a roll across the windshield and grill area, which destroyed the Grill, Core support Hood, both fenders, doors and hardtop. Door posts were also tweaked along with cowl and tunnel. It was clear that the entire tub would need to be replaced to get it bad to pre roll shape.

I decided it was bought to wheel so I rebuilt body mounts and replaced the core support, repaired the radiator found some used fenders, straightened out the grill, and installed a full cage. and went wheeling. My Bronco was more fun than I ever imagined.

So decide how you want it and how you'll use it and build it yourself. It will be more fun than before because you built it.

1st picture before roll, 2nd pic 1 week after roll. 3rd pic 2 weeks, 4th now, it will be slow and rewarding.
Bronco100207010.jpg

DSCN1402.jpg

Off20Roading20Jan20120200820-20551.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

Mine will never have a top on it or doors again but still gets looks and is looking better each day.
Marty

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Sorry man, The good thing is you guys are OK. Get a decent list of whats salvagable and what you need together, also some pictures.

OP
OP
ugly_od_eb

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
roll bar was mounted on the body and im going to beat out the hood and fenders and try to salvage the doors, the passenger side is bent inward, i always buckle up no matter what and it was still running until i shut it down and the first thing i said was "Are yall ok" Then i got everyone out as soon as possible and put it rubber side down and dragged it home. Im kinda in the phase with my dad "like father like son" since he rolled a handfull of cars the last one he rolled was a 68 327 4spd camaro, and the first thing i do before i will feel safe in it again will be a full roll cage, well heres the rubble....
SSPX0241.jpg

SSPX0242.jpg

SSPX0243.jpg

SSPX0256.jpg

SSPX0255.jpg

SSPX0254.jpg

SSPX0247.jpg

SSPX0244.jpg