• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Well i rolled it... need some advice

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Wow, like mentioned before, I too am glad that you all walked away. But those pics are painful to look at. Once you get it stripped down, hopefully it wont seem that bad. Thanks for sharing.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
That's too tall to be doing donuts...... Like I said before, Glad you folks got out safe..

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Tie the roll cage to the frame. I have a friend who rolled his EB and the cage punched right thru the floor. He was OK, as you are, but the results could have been different.

One of the bronco vendors told me when I was buying a cage for the second bronco that no one he wheels with ties their cage to the frame and has never had a failure. I'm just not willing to take that chance. One of mine is all fiberglass and if it ever rolls, on the highway or otherwise, I want that cage to do what its supposed to do - keep the bronco from crushing itself and its passengers! Same for the steel bodied one.

Good luck with your rebuild. Post what you need when you figure it out, there are lots of EB owners in Virginia.

OP
OP
ugly_od_eb

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Im not in VA anymore we moved to moyock NC about 20min away from VA. The new house has a shop out back and ive got everything i need to do any body work, glass bead blast cabnet, sand blaster, 50 gal air compressor, sanders,Die cutters, grinders, elec nibbler, TIG MIG and stick welders, plenty of hammers so it will prob be a couple weeks until its 110% again.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Looks like the tub is fine, can probably beat out the radiator support and inner fenders. Doors, fenders and grill look messy.

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I feel your pain! I rolled mine across the nose and windshield when I hit black ice day after Christmas. Had to make a decision...sell, rebuild or find another to make one good from two. I decided to rebuild and am in the middle of the project. I get really upset at not being able to drive it and sometimes feel overwhelmed with the project.

So far, I have repaired another hard top making one good from the two and installed it, pulled both doors off and made two good doors out of the four (tracked down two doors), bought thousands of dollars of tools and parts that are slowly going on....I just welded on a new driver's kick panel and tacked on the new new door post to mount my door. Need to try to adjust the door to ensure fit then will finish welding the door post and "permanently" mount the door. All fenders are off as is the grill and driver's inner fender and apron. Replacement grill and radiator core has been straightened and initially prepped....etc., etc.......I also repaired the windshield frame...

Anyway, point is....tons of money and work! But, I will have a nice rig when done. It takes more money and time than I thought. My biggest problem is no one has time to help me so I have to do nearly all on my own. Ever try to mount a door by yourself? Whew!

On the flip side, I made a new long distance friend that has generously given me a repairable top, grill and air box! Thanks Rick!!!!

fiscus

Loc.
montreal, QC
Tie the roll cage to the frame. I have a friend who rolled his EB and the cage punched right thru the floor. He was OK, as you are, but the results could have been different.

One of the bronco vendors told me when I was buying a cage for the second bronco that no one he wheels with ties their cage to the frame and has never had a failure. I'm just not willing to take that chance. One of mine is all fiberglass and if it ever rolls, on the highway or otherwise, I want that cage to do what its supposed to do - keep the bronco from crushing itself and its passengers! Same for the steel bodied one.

Good luck with your rebuild. Post what you need when you figure it out, there are lots of EB owners in Virginia.

If you do this make sure the body is attached real well, cause if in an accident the body moves off the frame the cage can hurt you!

OP
OP
ugly_od_eb

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
BOO!!!!!!!! back from the dead lol... she will be ready to go this weekend. I got brand new fenders, grill, and windshield frame. The front sub frame broke a tack loose on the body mount. had to drill all the spotwelds off both inner fenders and line it back up and straighten the core support and inner fenders.
whew.... buttloads of work i tell ya.:p

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
looks like a Sweet bronco;D i have a few piece's for the kayline soft top but not much. also my mom builds hagglers and and other aircraft, im sure she can fix your top, looks like the stitching is just riped out. i had her re sow my top and put new windows in. let me know buddy and keep up the good work :D