• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Well son, it doesn't get much better than that!

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Had a really cool experience yesterday when I dropped my 12 yr old son off at middle school that I thought I would share.

As my boy was getting out of the Bronco, a pretty 7th grade girl (he is only in 6th grade) is walking by the truck on her way into the school building. As he opens the door and steps out beside her, I hear her turn to him and say, "Really cool truck". At that moment, my chest filled with pride and I was transported back to Junior High myself as he mumbled, "Uh, thanks".

I told him when we got together last night before bedtime that when a girl likes your ride, there isn't much better in life and that next time he should tell her that he has one at home he's working on for his first ride (my dad's former '71). He may never remember yesterday's transaction, but it was a proud moment for me knowing that he's cooler because of his dad's addiction to Broncos. ;D;D;D

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I "think" I can remember back that far. I feel good when my young son's friends come over and love the Bronco and his 66 Mustang. I thought all of them were into rice burners.

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
My boys' (7,5, and 2) friends are always making comments that they love the truck. I always have a full truck going back and forth to their sports games as the kids always want to ride with us.

One of the neighbor kids even corrected his dad when he called my truck a J@@p. He said -- " Dad - It's not a J@@p, it's a BRONCO!"

I loved it.

Dogdare

That's justification to go and buy somehting for your Bronco.

Herb

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, too funny.. No comments from any teachers yet huh.. :D

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
I love these stories and can mimic them all. My 8 and 5 year old both love the Bronco and their friends always do the saem thing as mentioned above.

Yesterday when I dropped my 5yo off, the coach walked up and asked what year it was. He then told me that his dad has a 73 that he is restoring. It is cool though to hear the, that's a cool ride comments.

Speaking of, anyone here have a 73 and a son that coaches in Frisco, TX?

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
My son loved when we went to his Football practice in my 68, the boys loved the Bronco. I however went to Football Practice back in the 80's in a Merc Zepher

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I've always thought it was really cool when kids still appreciate these old truck. So many of them are into the JAP junk these days.;D

patrickmitton

Loc.
kerby Or.
I used to drop my neiphews off at school when they were young in my 67 bronco. For me it was the best and apparently for them as well. On one of the days we were slowing for a stop sign and Boo asked Why do you slow down and stop ? I am quick to say Thats the law!!when you see the big red signs...He looks over and says My MOMMY NEVER DOES!! everyday I am asked 100 times IS that bronco for sale?NO LEAVE ME ALONE

JSBX

Contributor
Pulled in Sonic a few days ago in my 74 half cab. Young girls comes skating up and says, cool ride man. I would like to think she does not say that to very many heep drivers.

Last edited:

buddy44

Loc.
Rio Rico
for sale?

I love these stories! The other day, I let my wife drive my 76 and while she was fueling up, a gentllemen approached her and complimented her on the Bronco and asked if she would sale it. She quickly said yes! Can you believe that...oh no! Well this person (nice guy) shows up with a trailer to pick up Bronco.

Hmmm. To make a long story short, the sale was cancelled... and Moral of the story is; do not... I mean do not add your wife's name to the Bronco's title (I was lucky).

Buddy

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My boy was about 10..and was showing his older and bloviatingly-inclined friend his brand new mini-ATV. Friend poo-poohed its small size..etc and opined how the "one he wanted" was much larger..a 'real' ATV as it were. I quietly laffed my butt off when my son then led his friend over to show him his '76 EB half cab on 35s parked nearby and said: "You mean like this?"

ITs a disease..and we have to pass it on early.;D

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
6. 6 people today at school complimented me on my car. There's about 15 now who's names I don't know that know mine cause of my bronco:) my principle calls me "bronco Sam" hahaha