• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH Degreed vs stock rubber strut arm bushings

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'm compiling my Xmas list for my wife and my parents as they enjoy supporting my addiction. I am needing new rubber for the 77 front end and I came across degreed arm bushings from WH. I am running 3.5" WH springs and will eventually go to 2.5" WH springs later down the road. Is there any advantage of using degreed over stock other than saving $7? Thx in advance, Matt.

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Thx for the correction Bluebuc. I wasn't paying attn to the catalog I have sitting in front of my face. The 1390 Degreed rubber are the same price as the 1396 Stock rubber arm bushings.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I'll be using the angled ones next time I replace mine. There's no reason not to. I just checked the WH catalog and the angled bushings are the same price as the ordinary rubber ones. The urethane bushings cost less but you'll be replacing sooner than rubber. I won't use the urethane ones in the kits anymore. I found the Moog rubber bushings available at my local part store when the urethane ones broke.
Now if I could find some rubber track bar bushings...

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
The advantage is you get more flex when crawling and the degree takes the stress off the bushing when mall crawling.

Jim W.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Now if I could find some rubber track bar bushings...

Cleaning my garage over the next month or so (yeah, it's that bad) and when I find my set I'll let you know.
Gonna need a REEEEELY big press to get them in though.;D Them puppies are a tight fit.

Paul

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I've heard the only draw back with the degree bushing were getting them to line up, when installing them.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
depends on how you use your bronco....when i had stock arms i used the rubber bushings for (in my head) a lil more flex on the trail....but i dont drive mine on the street so i didnt want to go poly....

BigToe

I put the angled set in when I had the front end out for a track bar rise install and I have no complaints. I'm running a 5.5 lift so it seemed like the logical thing to do.

jlong1974

I ran a set of the WH degreed rubber bushings on my '70 for about six months before I tore one in Moab. I replaced them with poly ones and never had an issue. Running Busted Knuckle Arms now. I don't think it was a bad product or anything. I would argue that the poly bushings are more durable than ones made of rubber, and will last longer, albeit rubber is more pliable/ softer.

James