• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH Rear Hoops: More travel??

silverbullet

Loc.
Columbia, MO
For christmas I got a set of front and rear hoops from the family. The fronts are installed and I really like the setup and function. But the rears have been sitting until I can justify cutting my tub. I already have it Rhino lined and wonder if they will be that much more effective than say the Shock Jock.?:?

Can someone school me on the advantages of the hoops? I am running 3.5" SL with 2" of BL and 35's. If it is going to give me alot more than I can see cutting the tub if not I will probably try to return them.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Yellow_66

Loc.
Hollister, CA
I have a set on my rig and it works really well. Unfortuneately for me Duffs came out with their version of the rock jock right after I did all my work. I would rather have my full interior back. I was thinkning of changing to the rock jock. I don't know how well those work. Eric

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I agree go with the WH rock jock. the duffs stage II or Cage rear mounts.
You will get the same amount of travel with out having to hack into your tub.
I have the Duffs mounts and I'm really happy with them plus I like the fact that bolted on alone they are plenty solid and stout yet easily removable for any future mods;D

Attachments

• Rearmts3.jpg
    Rearmts3.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 65
  • tjk743.jpg
    tjk743.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 75

welndmn

Bronco Guru
The more vertical you can put the shock the better.
The ones where you cut into the tub place it the closet to vertical on the outside of the frame as you can.
But at a loss of cutting into your tub.
You can run those Shock jock ones, and step up to a stiffer shock. but the ones that cut into the tub are the best.

OP
OP
S

silverbullet

Loc.
Columbia, MO
Do the rear shock hoops allow the non-compressed side to fall further as a result of the longer shock? My assumption is that any setup will allow the compresed side to travel only so far because of the bump stops. Am I thinking correctly?

kntr

Bronco Guru
I have no problems with the inboards. You just have to run good shocks. I run Bilsteins and can NOT tell the difference in inboard/Bilsteins and stock set-up/Ranchos.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Inboard give lots of travel off road. I get alot of body roll with my inboard set-up. I'm planning on moving them back outside of the frame.

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I have been considering the inboard shock set up instead of the rear hoops, but do a lot of street driving and don't want the body roll people speak of. Could a guy keep the outboard shocks as well as the inboard and run both shocks on the road and then take the outboards off when going off road? Most of the time I trailer my bronco for long weekends of 4wheeling, but also drive it a lot in the city for fun.

matt

kntr

Bronco Guru
The same size shock is used for the inboard and the stock location. You could switch the shock back and forth from the inboard to the stock mounts for offroad and street driving.

Ive had the inboard on my new bronco and the stock setup on my last two broncos and I honestly can NOT tell the difference in body roll. I do run dual shocks up front and I run properly valved Bilstein 5100s now.