• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What am I about to get myself into?

OP
OP
I

Iwannagofast

Contributor
Freshen up the radiator. Either with a new one or have the original (if present) rebuilt at a competent radiator shop. Keeps all the coolant clean since you will have a new engine and new heater core. Don't forget some type of sacrificial anode or whatever its called if you are running anything aluminum (heads, radiator, water pump, heater core) in the cooling system. And I agree with the others, that thing is really clean, so the only reason I'd come close to pulling the body would be to replace body mounts if it needs them. Nice ride!
Which radiator would you recommend if I don’t have the original?

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
I'm a fan of a copper/brass radiator. You will get all kinds of recommendations about radiators concerning how many rows you need for your engine performance and what material you should use. I'm no expert on any of it, but a 302 is a way different animal than a 347 when it comes to cooling. You mentioned both in your original post, so we would need more info on your engine. But I'll leave it to others on here to give a first-hand use recommendation on a radiator. I was just saying if you have a fresh clean engine and heater core, you probably need your radiator gone through too.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Here's my questions:

1- Do you WANT to drive this everyday?

2- Do you like and are successful on years long projects like building a shop or house? Some (most) are on task for a couple months then... :(

3- Are you keeping it for family or is this going to be sold for max profit?

4- Do you have kids? Sports, events, 4H, etc, etc, etc, etc... lol

All of these (and more) are good to know before you start and will determine which direction to go.

I like my Bronco so much I don't want it down for a month, or six or 2 yrs- no way!! Enjoy it while I can for another 20. I've owned it since this month in '76. :)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Here's my questions:

1- Do you WANT to drive this everyday?

2- Do you like and are successful on years long projects like building a shop or house? Some (most) are on task for a couple months then... :(

3- Are you keeping it for family or is this going to be sold for max profit?

4- Do you have kids? Sports, events, 4H, etc, etc, etc, etc... lol

I like my Bronco so much I don't want it down for a month, or six or 2 yrs- no way!! Enjoy it while I can for another 20. I've owned it since this month in '76. :)
This…. My DD has been down since Saturday afternoon installing AC. By Sunday morning I was jonesing to drive it to church. It’s going to be down a week…it’s killing me😂