• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What color to paint the bronco

What Color

• Sunset Orange

Votes: 49 65.3%
  • Light Pewter

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • White

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Thunder26

Thunder26

I like the white. Looks good. It hides flaws and dirt. It won't get as hot. It is only second to silver and being the safest color for the road.

Those are definite pros to having white and why its being considered, I used to have a black MR2 and I swear everyday I could see a new ding. Would the silver be decent at hiding stuff like that?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the pewter is nice. I'm a big fan of plain silver on older Ford products and Broncos in particular. White looks great on EB's too, and was mentioned, is hard to beat on a beater.
However, my vote is a little different...

I think that shade of pewter AND that shade of Orange (a spectacular truck!) would actually look good together. The pewter would be the low color, under the main body line, while the orange would be the top half.

Somebody photoshop it please.

Paul

MartyG

Bronco Guru
I'm an orange guy.
Just painted mine last week; took me forever to decide on a color but I finally went with papaya orange (it's an Audi color) with white grill and top...already posted a few pics, but here it is again.
img0198t.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
You didn't say what color your seats are...
If it's open, I like the orange w/ tan seats - that is still a unique setup.
White with black seats is pretty common..
Pewter and black looks good, but doesn't stand out as much as the Orange...

just my opinion...

I would say that my vote would be for Sunset Orange metallic with tan seats, black flares, bumpers, cage and then maybe mix in some vintage slots on 35 KM2s but who am I to say;D

I was in the same boat as you in deciding what color to go with. Fortunately I had about 7 1/2 years to think about it%)

Sorry but i cannot see the original pictures that are posted on this thread due to restrictions here in Iraq. I'll attach some pics of mine for reference since GM SOM was mentioned.

Attachments

• Bronco%20final5.jpg
    Bronco%20final5.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Bronco%20final.jpg
    Bronco%20final.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Thunder26

Thunder26

I would say that my vote would be for Sunset Orange metallic with tan seats, black flares, bumpers, cage and then maybe mix in some vintage slots on 35 KM2s but who am I to say;D

I was in the same boat as you in deciding what color to go with. Fortunately I had about 7 1/2 years to think about it%)

Sorry but i cannot see the original pictures that are posted on this thread due to restrictions here in Iraq. I'll attach some pics of mine for reference since GM SOM was mentioned.

Lol it was your truck I used for an example i hope that's fine if not just say so. Why is your truck much more red than most I see? I like your shade of SOM most and if I did paint my truck that color I would wanna make sure it was darker like yours.

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Lol it was your truck I used for an example i hope that's fine if not just say so. Why is your truck much more red than most I see? I like your shade of SOM most and if I did paint my truck that color I would wanna make sure it was darker like yours.

Absolutely no problem.

SOM tends to change color in the sunlight compared to shade and indoors. Outside in bright sunlight it is more orange-red. In the shade it is more red-orange. Inside it tends to have a little copper hue. I love it. Attached a few extra pics in the variations of light I mentioned.

Attachments

• Slot.JPG
    Slot.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 16
  • slot2.JPG
    slot2.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 23
  • slot3.JPG
    slot3.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 19