• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you think are the best riding road tires

gityup68

Loc.
Western Mass
I have 33X12.50 tires on now but am looking to put new sneakers all the way around this spring. Looking for input on the best riding road tires. This bronco does not do off-roading.

Thank you and Happy Holidays

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have 33X12.50 tires on now but am looking to put new sneakers all the way around this spring. Looking for input on the best riding road tires. This bronco does not do off-roading.

Michelin or BFG's

Michelin owns BFG, by the way.....

rbodine

Another vote for bfg all terrains. I've had my set of 35s for almost 8 years. Last forever

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Do you have a stiff suspension that needs soft tires?
Or do you have s soft suspension that could use some stiffer (but still good rolling) tires?

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
You're going to get a lot of suggestions on this. I agree with the bfgs & Michelin's, hard to beat them,but I run a set of Nitto A/Ts ( very similar to the Toyos ) and they're great,fairly quiet and beefy looking. :cool:

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I have goodyear duratrac on my 74 bronco and my 97 dodge diesel, and they ride nice and are quiet.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
hands down ... Michelin LTX M/S ... & yes they are not cheap but made mine ride like a lexus !!

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Geolandars were $123 from Tirerack. They were delivered in two days. $100 shipping, but that worked out to the local price and no local shop had them. I have a friend with access to a tire machine and spin balance, so we mounted and balanced them. I did a 200 mile drive this past Sunday and I can tell you they are excellent tires on the highway.

Unaweep

Loc.
Grand Junction CO

Could you define "Best Riding" a little more? Noise? Vibration? ETC....?