• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what else do I need for a top end rebuild?

tommyg

Contributor
Looking to do a rebuild of the top-end of my '74. Plan is currently to do the Edelbrock Performer package with FiTech EFI. I know I'll need to do the fuel management system (I run two tanks, seems the easiest way), and will need to purchase pushrods and rocker arms. I want to make sure I don't run into a bunch of ticky tack things I need to additionally purchase along the way. Per my other thread, I am planning on replacing the stock valve covers, will just refinish my stock air cleaner (assuming it works with the FiTech set-up).

I know I'll ultimately need a better ignition set-up, but do I need to do it at the same time? Same thing with my exhaust, planning for headers and mufflers, just possibly not at the same time as the engine work due to cost constraints.

Any other things I should be aware of?