• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what else (if anything) should I order with soft top?

montana68

Loc.
Missoula
I am about to order a soft top, and I am wondering if any of you can help me think of anything I might want to add to my order now that the hard top is coming off.

haha - I know the answers to this one could include everything from power steering kits to EFI to pretty much anything, but I'm thinking moire along the "related to installing a soft-top" lines...

I was thinking maybe some weatherstripping? Or? I'm not sure whether the soft top attaches directly to the metal of the bronco or whether it sits on any weatherstripping or what? (As if my newbieness wasn't shining through loud and clear before, it will now that I asked this question, right?:)
Thanks everyone.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Not so much for the early years but the dome light in the later ones is something that I missed along with the visors. It's easy to make a bracket for the visors. A lighted rear veiw mirror makes up for the dome light.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The soft top will come with everything you need. But you may want to get some thin extra foam weather striping to put under the bed rail parts and some of the other gaps. Also to pad around the door frames.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I would make sure to get a niew windshield frame seal to make sure the riser seals good. You don't want to install the riser on a 30+ yo seal! (Unless you like being dripped on, of course.) ;D