• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What happened to old school tires?

OP
OP
R

RebelRider

Loc.
Sturgis, Mississippi
I tried to sell a set of Coop Spur Grips in great condition at OCBR last year and did not even get an offer on them! Nothing digs like those spur grips IMO. I like them too, not good for rocks and what not, but they get some traction in the mud. Mine are smaller 15" tires, like 700 or 750-15 or something like that, but no one was interested in them at OCBR. I guess every one wants fancy white letters and what not on their tires now...;)

Do you still have em??;D

OP
OP
R

RebelRider

Loc.
Sturgis, Mississippi
Ha Co-op grip spurs! I got 9.00x16 on mine. Don't see them anymore. I run a farm supply and used to sell these tires like crazy. They are moving the molds to these tires and it takes a while to get up and running. I am told that the gateway buckshot is being made in a few sizes, but not selling again just yet.. As for the co-op grip spur, I haven't heard a word yet..
View attachment 197946

Im glad to hear that;D;D

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I tried to sell a set of Coop Spur Grips in great condition at OCBR last year and did not even get an offer on them! Nothing digs like those spur grips IMO. I like them too, not good for rocks and what not, but they get some traction in the mud. Mine are smaller 15" tires, like 700 or 750-15 or something like that, but no one was interested in them at OCBR. I guess every one wants fancy white letters and what not on their tires now...;)

Bigwheels i didnt know you had tires fer sale?

OP
OP
R

RebelRider

Loc.
Sturgis, Mississippi
rebel you can buy co-ops you just gotta know where!

Not in my neck of the woods...went to a local co-op and they claimed they wasnt made anymore (which i didnt believe) then went to another one and they still had em on the computer but they couldnt get em either. It may just be they aint gonna get em for just one customer.:mad::mad:

NYLES

Bronco Guru
what size ya want ill make a call fer ya monday we put em on all them dirt drag trucks

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
While we are talking about vintage tires, anybody got a set of 17x40 Dick Cepek Fun Country's. Need some for a retro project.

wtkeller1

I got a new set of Q buckshots on my 76 last fall. My tire man said that they have not built any lately but are supposed to be available again soon.

trtlsoup22

Ill have to call my race buddy he orders em all the time

Nyles, I run a coop... They (grip spurs) are not being made... They are/were made in only 4 sizes. L78x15, 7.00x15, 7.50x16, and 9.00x16. You may find used ones. I bought two new 9.00x16 around last sept and had alot of trouble finding them..

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Nyles, I run a coop... They (grip spurs) are not being made... They are/were made in only 4 sizes. L78x15, 7.00x15, 7.50x16, and 9.00x16. You may find used ones. I bought two new 9.00x16 around last sept and had alot of trouble finding them..

yeap thats what my buddy just told me!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I miss the old school 4 Wheel RVT's, Tread was like the Ground Hawgs, the rubber was harder and the road wear was great.