• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you guys done for storage behind the rear seat??

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
I am thinking of boxing in the area behind the rear seat to create a locking storage area. (with the new locking tailgate handle) I am also considering mounting a couple speakers. If anyone has done any modifactions to that area please post some pics. Rob

Last edited:

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I made some storage boxes out of 25mm Ammo cans, not lockable, but I'm sure you could make up a lock mech pretty easy. The boxes themselves were $10/ea, then just my time. I still need to get hinges, I'm going to use the military style latch mech that came on the boxes, but I'm going to put only 1 latch on the long side rather than latches on both short sides.

I had to notch the RH one to clear the wheelwell & the LH one to clear the wheelwell and the gas filler.

Attachments

• 030405 Ammo Box.JPG
    030405 Ammo Box.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 030405 LH Tool Box cardboard.JPG
    030405 LH Tool Box cardboard.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 030405 LH Tool Box cardboard 2.JPG
    030405 LH Tool Box cardboard 2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 030705 Toolbox.JPG
    030705 Toolbox.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 030705 Cooler.JPG
    030705 Cooler.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 030705 Welded Boxes.JPG
    030705 Welded Boxes.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
looks good, I was thinking of boxing in the entire area behind the rear seat. Then using the tailgate as the only way to access the area.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I made a shelf in the back that is level with the bed. I used 1" angle to form a frame between them and then put 3/4" or so boards in it. The boards are held in with eye bolts so I can tie things to the top of the shelf. This has the additional benefit of providing extra support for the quarter panels. The pic below shows part of it. Note: The rope on the CO2 tank is to keep it from jiggleing against the wood (The rattle is annoying) not to hold it in as there is a bracket for that down below.

Attachments

• SaddleUp107.jpg
    SaddleUp107.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 121

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
This is what I am planning on doing something like. I forget whose pics these are so if they are yours mad props to you!

Attachments

• resized-eb-seat-rear-open.jpg
    resized-eb-seat-rear-open.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 177
  • resized-eb-seat-folded-up-side.jpg
    resized-eb-seat-folded-up-side.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 141
  • resized-eb-seat-folded.jpg
    resized-eb-seat-folded.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 165
  • resized-eb-seat2.jpg
    resized-eb-seat2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 135

Shelton823

bigpappa those pictures are perfect

We need to find out whos pictures those are I have to have that setup.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
Saddleup, that is kind of what I have in mind, I would like it to go straight across and down to the wheel wells, making an enclosed area, sort of a bronco trunk. I would also bring it down behind the seat to block off the stock seat gap. I then could store my soft top windows , cooler etc out of the sun and away from anyone who might want to steal a beer,jk. I have my rear seat moved up a couple of inches and I have it tied into my cage.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
RobS said:
Saddleup, that is kind of what I have in mind, I would like it to go straight across and down to the wheel wells, making an enclosed area, sort of a bronco trunk. I would also bring it down behind the seat to block off the stock seat gap. I then could store my soft top windows , cooler etc out of the sun and away from anyone who might want to steal a beer,jk. I have my rear seat moved up a couple of inches and I have it tied into my cage.
Going down the sides wouldn't be that much more difficult. I use the area along each side for storage though (long tool box, small shovel, etc.) plus having the area open to the rear seat allows access from that side and more importantly I can fold the seat forward and hose the back out after I remove the tool boxes, sub box, etc. that I have stashed under the shelf. As far as security my main concerns are first to keep the stuff from bouncing out and hitting someone and second to keep the stuff out of sight so it is less tempting to grab it. So far it has been effective at both.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
After I figure it out and get everything together I am going to use that Herculiner bed liner on it and the rest of the interior. I am hoping that it turns out smooth and doesn't look too out of place. I want to keep the early eb look but I do need something to keep all my stuff out of sight.

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
Does anyone have a BIG FAT STAINLESS COOLER W/ GAS POWERED BLENDER setup back there ?:? Looking for plans...

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Bronco Wild said:
Does anyone have a BIG FAT STAINLESS COOLER W/ GAS POWERED BLENDER setup back there ?:? Looking for plans...
One of the guys at SOB last year had a blender with an air operated angled die grinder for the motor.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
RobS said:
After I figure it out and get everything together I am going to use that Herculiner bed liner on it and the rest of the interior. I am hoping that it turns out smooth and doesn't look too out of place. I want to keep the early eb look but I do need something to keep all my stuff out of sight.
If you look closely at the angle I used you can see the herculiner. It is pretty dusty in this pick though. The only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't easy to wash. Rags don't work because the texture is too rough. That pretty much leaves using a soft brush on it but that is more work than I want to go through every time I take mine out and get it muddy.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Rob!

Here is mine! It is storage & security for my bazooka tube.

This is the unit from JBG. I still have room on the sides for fabbing up a 5 gal water jub holder (not gas).

I will be bolting my hilift to the rear of the white steel frame & a shovel too.

Attachments

• Slide04.JPG
    Slide04.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Slide05.JPG
    Slide05.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Slide06.JPG
    Slide06.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Slide07.JPG
    Slide07.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Slide08.JPG
    Slide08.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 79

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
MnkyBiz said:
Rob!

This is the unit from JBG. I still have room on the sides for fabbing up a 5 gal water jub holder (not gas).

I will be bolting my hilift to the rear of the white steel frame & a shovel too.
hey monkey, what are the dimensions on that box and how much was it?

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MnkyBiz said:
Rob!

Monkey, what side of the frame rails does your steel mount to the floor? I really like your set-up. It looks like the outside so I won't have to remove my fuel tank to bolt it down? How do you fasten the box to the rack?

In fact I saw it and ordered the box in less than 5 minutes. I have been looking for a box for quite a while. My ammo can set-up was cheap but wastes lots of space. I may even get a bazoka tube and be a full copy-cat! I'll be sure to give you credit.

Jeff in AZ