• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you guys done for storage behind the rear seat??

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
Has anyone done a custom enclosure kind of like Saddleup's? I like the toolbox's you guys got but I am looking for any ideas on sealing up the whole area behind the rear seat.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Bigpapa

Who makes the rear fold down seat you have the pictures of ?

Nice platform and storage system --- Well thought out !!!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
airman said:
Monkey, what side of the frame rails does your steel mount to the floor? I really like your set-up. It looks like the outside so I won't have to remove my fuel tank to bolt it down? How do you fasten the box to the rack?
Jeff in AZ

Jeff,

The way I have it mounted, it does mount inside the frame rails, but you don't have to do it that way!

The frames I built, I purchased all the steel from Home Depot. Two lengths of L and two lengths of box channel. Measured, cut, welded. The box slides forward 2" on a track which is designed for a hidden keyboard (Lowes had it, I can get a part # if you need it). The track had to be trimmed slightly & then I created a "stop" too. IN all it was a half day job. The painting took longer.

But, you could have easily spaced the support brackets further out, alongside the exterior of the box, which pushes them to a point where you don't have to drop the tank.

If you need more photos, let me know!

Bill

4x4x289

I've been working hard to find storage.

1) Installed tuffy 031's on wheel wells, with drink holders and bi-folding lids. My kids own these boxes. They store anything from gameboys and walkmans to matchbox toys and bubble gum wrappers. I overlooked that fact they "need" accessory plug-ins. Its in the works, boys.
2) tuffy 039 behind the rear seat with wakeboard speakers.
3) tuffy 023 between the front seats.
4) polycarb sheet on cage for storing zip out windows.
5) permanent mini rear bumper rack, which matches the height of my removable hitch rack, I can’t store much on this but it helps.
6) removable hitch rack
7) tuffy glove box (still need to install)
8) yakama warrier roof rack wanted.
9) I might need to bread down and purchase a high dollar rear bumper with racks.

Attachments

• tuffy.jpg
    tuffy.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 173
  • rear rack.jpg
    rear rack.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 104

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
4x4x289 said:
I've been working hard to find storage.

1) Installed tuffy 031's on wheel wells, with drink holders and bi-folding lids. My kids own these boxes. They store anything from gameboys and walkmans to matchbox toys and bubble gum wrappers. I overlooked that fact they "need" accessory plug-ins. Its in the works, boys.
2) tuffy 039 behind the rear seat with wakeboard speakers.
3) tuffy 023 between the front seats.
4) polycarb sheet on cage for storing zip out windows.
5) permanent mini rear bumper rack, which matches the height of my removable hitch rack, I can’t store much on this but it helps.
6) removable hitch rack
7) tuffy glove box (still need to install)
8) yakama warrier roof rack wanted.
9) I might need to bread down and purchase a high dollar rear bumper with racks.

4X, can you post some more pics up close, and possibly from the inside...I really like your utilization of space and choice of durability!!! Nice job ;)

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
You guys beat me to it but it doesn't hurt to ask again, 4x4x289 can we get some close up pics? Thanks Rob

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but since we're talking about rear storage I thought I'd throw this plastic truck box in. The rear seat needs to be relocated a few inches forward if you want to use it. I don't run a back seat so it doesn't bother me.

Attachments

• tn_conticobox 001.jpg
    tn_conticobox 001.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 66
  • tn_conticobox 003.jpg
    tn_conticobox 003.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 73
  • tn_conticobox 004.jpg
    tn_conticobox 004.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
admin, that's almost exactly what I am looking for. I want to make mine out of sheet metal and make it so the only way you can access the storage area is thru the tailgate. I made a cardboard template today and hope to get it done soon, I will take a few pics when I get it done. Rob

4x4x289

RobS said:
You guys beat me to it but it doesn't hurt to ask again, 4x4x289 can we get some close up pics? Thanks Rob

Goto thread titled "Today's Ride 3". It contains a summary of links.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I cant post pics as I dont have the box yet but I know exactly what Diamond plate box I am using, It is one of the big contractor boxes that fit inside the front of a fullsize pick up box, should take up most of the room behind the seat and contain the majority of anything I please to take on the trail with me. Thinking a cooler would suffice to be strapped down on top of it. ;D

murdock

Loc.
Anchorage, AK
Here is my setup. May not be what you are looking for, but maybe it will help someone else.

Army surplus "Rocket Box". 11" x 11" x 28"

$18.95

The ones I've seen come as a light grey color. It has a rubber seal so should be pretty much water proof. I painted mine and took the latches off one side and put two hinges in their place. It has handles on the sides so its easy to take out and put in. I plan on setting it up so I can either bolt it behind the rear seat or bolt it down next to the fender when the back seat is out. That way I have room for my Kona Coiler ;D

Attachments

• rocket box 5.JPG
    rocket box 5.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 19
  • rocket box 4.JPG
    rocket box 4.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 55
  • rocket box 3.JPG
    rocket box 3.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 24
  • rocket box 2.JPG
    rocket box 2.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 30
  • rocket box 1.JPG
    rocket box 1.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 31
  • rocket box 6.JPG
    rocket box 6.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 22

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
Buckin74 said:
Bigpapa

Who makes the rear fold down seat you have the pictures of ?

Nice platform and storage system --- Well thought out !!!

I think it is a Dodge Raider or colt vista rear seat. I am not sure though.

RangerRob

Murdock,

Where did you get that box? That seems like a great alternative to the more expensive aluminum ones. I need to find one in Austin.

Rob